• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would it be?

Yea, and it was back when gas was like .99 a gallon, too, so it didn't bust the wallet open. Today, that same trip would cost at least seventy bucks in that car. That day, I probably spent $35 in gas. Ah, good times. :D

Anyone else here into older cars/trucks?

Fortunately, you went when you did ha ha

Stop going off track in the thread. We did that in two other threads, we need to keep on track at least in this one :) Create a new one instead ha ha ha

Yup, I do that sometimes. thanks. :D

I would also, for personal reasons, like to visit the deep south - like LA - and do firsthand research on hoodoo/voodoo. I'd like to know what the ones who claim to be doctors say.

It scares me, though, because i've seen enough movies to know that when the white guy from the city comes snooping around looking for thousand-year-old answers, bad things happen to him. It could be a suicide trip.

Maybe someone could sell my notes on ebay afterward. :p

In the US: Seattle, Chicago, Oregon, Texas, and California. I don't need to see the rest of Washington and Illinois . . . or do I? :p

Foreign countries: England, Italy, New Zealand, and Japan.

I will keep you on track...well, unless I am the one to derail the thread :lol:

That would be interesting to do research there. I can't say that I will volunteer to though :p I will volunteer to sell your notes instead :)

In the US: Seattle, Chicago, Oregon, Texas, and California. I don't need to see the rest of Washington and Illinois . . . or do I? :p

Foreign countries: England, Italy, New Zealand, and Japan.

LOL Not unless you want to see the scenery you will be missing out on. At least I would suggest seeing the rest of Washington for that reason. Illinois not so much :)

I will keep you on track...well, unless I am the one to derail the thread :lol:

That would be interesting to do research there. I can't say that I will volunteer to though :p I will volunteer to sell your notes instead :)

LOL, deal; I'll put that in the footnotes. :p

I would love to spend a week moseying around the Florida Keys and spending some time among Steinbeck's haunts in Key West -- outside the hurricane season, of course. :lol:

Meow.

I don't know where to go. I'd love to go to the US at one point as I've never been there before but don't know where in the US (yet), that would need some research on my part.
I'd like to see more of the UK too, so far it's just London and bits of Scotland I've seen.
Australia sounds like fun too, spiders and crocodiles, ahoy!

Meow.

I don't know where to go. I'd love to go to the US at one point as I've never been there before but don't know where in the US (yet), that would need some research on my part.

Go west, young woman, go west, to see the splendours of the place. :flowers:

Polly, go to Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, New York, Florida, Maryland, and a New England State. The rest of the country can be safely ignored unless you have some desire to see where Elvis lived or George Washington took a dump one night.

Washington DC ROCKS!!! I loved there. National Library of Congress = awesome sauce. It's one of the closest things to possibly having had a spiritual experience walking around that place.

I would like to go to Papua New Guinea. I would also like to go to Nara in Japan, and to Tasmania. And to Saint Catherine's Monastery at Mt. Sinai, Egypt.

Aye. D.C. is worth a visit if you're into history, government, or want to get mugged. Otherwise it can be skipped with no ill effects.

Meow.

I'd like to see more of the UK too, so far it's just London and bits of Scotland I've seen.
Australia sounds like fun too, spiders and crocodiles, ahoy!

Polly, it depends on what you enjoy. Big cities, beautiful countryside, or in-between. We've got it. New Orleans, my home town is beautiful, and often compared to European cities for ambiance. San Francisco, although I've not seen it is considered a gem as well.
If you really like big cities, I don't think you can beat New York City for ferocious activity, and man made canyons. For the natrual variety of canyon, The Grand Canyon is a sight to behold.
So, take your pick. But take more than a week. :)

Polly, go to Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, New York, Florida, Maryland, and a New England State. The rest of the country can be safely ignored unless you have some desire to see where Elvis lived or George Washington took a dump one night.

I suppose a lot would depend on whether one wanted to just see spectacular scenery, or wanted to learn what the people of the United States are like. Even at that the list is incomplete. I've seen many more states than that and never been bored.

Back