• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would it be?

Peder, to clarify, can you confirm by definition your usage of the verb bored.

Well, I'll try.

Bored is not being able to see, think, feel or experience something new in a situation which one has seen, thought, felt or experienced before. Try Goethe's Faust for the classical example.

Bored is being dead to life.

Bored is giving up the search.

Bored is when the same-ol' really becomes the same-ol'

Bored is shutting down.

I would love to spend a week moseying around the Florida Keys and spending some time among Steinbeck's haunts in Key West -- outside the hurricane season, of course. :lol:

Good to specify when you would go...err, or in this case when you wouldn't go :)

Polly, go to Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, New York, Florida, Maryland, and a New England State. The rest of the country can be safely ignored unless you have some desire to see where Elvis lived or George Washington took a dump one night.

I have to agree with you here for sure. These areas would let you see a lot of our nation. I would suggest the New England state you visit be Maine-the coast of Maine. I have been to all of New England and I think Maine has the most to offer for scenery. Speaking to people from Maine is quite an experience.

Speaking to people from Maine is quite an experience.

Truer words... I used to work at a grocery store with a young woman from Maine. She was very nice, but sometimes folks thought she was being snippy, when in fact, it was just her manner of speech. She just didn't talk like the rest of us Kansas hicks:)

Truer words... I used to work at a grocery store with a young woman from Maine. She was very nice, but sometimes folks thought she was being snippy, when in fact, it was just her manner of speech. She just didn't talk like the rest of us Kansas hicks:)

My family still lives in Maine. I was born in New Hampshire and you wouldn't think there would be such a difference between the states. There certainly is! Sometimes I go back to visit and I can't understand some people because of their accents :lol: She would talk like a Maine hick instead? ha ha

Go west, young woman, go west, to see the splendours of the place. :flowers:

Polly, go to Alaska, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, New York, Florida, Maryland, and a New England State. The rest of the country can be safely ignored unless you have some desire to see where Elvis lived or George Washington took a dump one night.

Polly, it depends on what you enjoy. Big cities, beautiful countryside, or in-between. We've got it. New Orleans, my home town is beautiful, and often compared to European cities for ambiance. San Francisco, although I've not seen it is considered a gem as well.
If you really like big cities, I don't think you can beat New York City for ferocious activity, and man made canyons. For the natrual variety of canyon, The Grand Canyon is a sight to behold.
So, take your pick. But take more than a week. :)

This is not making things easier, ha! I'd definitely need more than one week for any of that.

Pontalba: I'd like to see the big cities but the countryside as well.

I's like to go back to England and find it the way it was when I left and see all my school friends again so really I would like to go back in time (not permanently as I like the family I have now).

This is a neat discussion. :)

It’s true about the different states. Folks from Iowa (especially the women, for some reason) and South Dakota talk largely like the people in the movie Fargo; it can get weird sometimes. It really sounds like they are being snarky but one must keep in mind it’s just how they talk.

I forgot to include Ireland, my ‘homeland’. I’m almost 100% Irish and I’d like to see that place sometime. Maybe some Scotland, too, yeah?

This is a neat discussion. :)

It’s true about the different states. Folks from Iowa (especially the women, for some reason) and South Dakota talk largely like the people in the movie Fargo; it can get weird sometimes. It really sounds like they are being snarky but one must keep in mind it’s just how they talk.

I forgot to include Ireland, my ‘homeland’. I’m almost 100% Irish and I’d like to see that place sometime. Maybe some Scotland, too, yeah?

It is certainly interesting to go to different areas to hear the people talk :)

I would love to go to Ireland. I have heard that it really is green and absolutely beautiful there. One day...that is on my bucket list :)

Italy. I've wanted to go there for years but still haven't...
I want to go there because of the food, the people and the culture.

You haven't been there because of the food/the people and the culture. Those are pretty major things. What is the appeal with Italy for you then?

Don't know what you're talking about, Will. Are you sure you were paying attention when you read my post?

Ah I see you've edited it now to reflect the reason you wish to go there and not the reason you've not yet been there ;-)

Curiously, on visiting a few years ago I loved Venice for many reasons, but wouldn't go back for some of those you mentioned!

I have this idea that I'd love to visit some of the forgotten corners of the world - say, Central Asia? Anyone been to Baku or Samarkand?

Ah I see you've edited it now to reflect the reason you wish to go there and not the reason you've not yet been there ;-)

Curiously, on visiting a few years ago I loved Venice for many reasons, but wouldn't go back for some of those you mentioned!

I have learned through my travels to expect that some people are going to be rude. Although I have seen the reasons why at times too.

Back