• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you were a writer, what genre would you write?

eyez0nme

I am curious about our audience...

What genre of books fascinates you the most, that (assuming you could write and get published) would spur you onto writing a book of your own?

I myself and a sci-fi/horror buff. 90% of the books are either murder/homocides/suicides or are people in dungeons with knives and guns.

What about you?

if i want to get money out of it, i would write something with mystical implications with some tinges of revelations contrary to the official teachings of the christian church. something like dan brown or coelho.

I think maybe sci-fi, or a psychological thriller. Though I'd have to do a helluva lot of research about it. :rolleyes:

I think it would be just a memoir / general fiction. Something really depressing, anyway. :D :D

I write science fiction, fanstasy, and horror with some romance mixed into the main plot line. I've had a lot of different kind of readers tell me they like my writing, though...interesting, isn't it? ^^

Either historical fiction or fantasy. Fantasy if I was feeling lazy and didn't want to do any research (the most likely scenario ;) )

eyez0nme said:
I am curious about our audience...

What genre of books fascinates you the most, that (assuming you could write and get published) would spur you onto writing a book of your own?

I myself and a sci-fi/horror buff. 90% of the books are either murder/homocides/suicides or are people in dungeons with knives and guns.

What about you?

Some of the first books I read scared the bejesus out of me. It was horror that drove me to writing, if that's what you want to call it. :eek:

I would write a non-fiction novel based on historical accurate depictions of the Mona Lisa, Great Britain, and conspiracies in general.:D

I would love to be able to write a breathtakingly ambitious work of huge scope like David Mitchell's 'Cloud Atlas'; or something insanely provocative and haunting like Paul Auster's New York Trilogy.

What I actually write has no resemblence to either, of course... if you can't beat 'em, take up an entirely different sport instead... ;-)

If I bothered to write any stories, they would probably be fantasy or horror (maybe even fantasy with some horror elements). I'd like to think I could tackle the mystery genre, but I'm no fool.

I would, with out a single doubt, write science-fiction. I would like to try to write some just for fun, because I have some ideas, but I do not really know how I would be able to make a decent story out of the ideas, and I do not really know how to describe certain things.

I would write intelligent fantasy. Stuff you could give discerning book readers who would choke on their muffins upon seeing Robert Jordan. When they finish reading it, they would nod in (albeit reluctant) approval. Some may even force me to recategorize the book as literature.

I'm serious. If I could, I would write good fantasy.

I've also started thinking about an IT thriller, but I've yet to think of something that will start the reader's pulse racing (aside from throwing up an endless stream of acronyms).

The trouble is, I'm not half as talented as I would have liked, so I suppose I'd write anectodal musings of an average reader in an international book forum.

Everyone please buy a copy.

ds

I would write and am trying to write literature that has a real meaning to it.

A real message that conveys the human condition or endurance against life. I find books that are formulaic and are written with a happy, everything is okay type book is a great disdain

:(

I'm serious. If I could, I would write good fantasy.

As a writer, my aim is actually to write literary fantasy, so I'm curious, what do you see as some of the essential characteristics of literary fantasy that would separate it from not-so-literary fantasy, like Robert Jordan?

Back