• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

If you......

A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume

Why? Because it's the type of book where you would need a great deal of time to read and reread it in order to understand it properly. I think if you could only have one book on the island, you would need one that you could use a lot

A logical choice sparky, very utilitarian of you.:flowers:

I suppose a person could "cheat" and bring an e-reader with numerous books on it. Everything would be dandy if you happened to find a light socket under the coconut tree.

A logical choice sparky, very utilitarian of you.:flowers:

Well, while everyone else in this thread will have died of dehydration, food poisoning, or exposure within the first week, I will survive to write a best selling book on my harrowing experiences.

Assuming the question is in regards to occupying your mind to the extent that you'd forget that you're stranded on an island, I'd probably choose something really complex like the complete works of Shakespeare and force myself to memorize the whole thing.

I would take the Bible, for obvious reasons. If I had to take only fiction, I would take something with lots of sex in it, also for obvious reasons.

I'd either take one of the Great Bathroom Books, or one of those books that are a compendium of how to do a number of things.

Back