• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm the most reacted guy

You seem like a very smart guy and good luck in school. We are the opposite of you, we keep our children home forever. I am trying to change that in my home ofcourse and my son hopefully will start college in september. I have told him if he doesn't pass he will have to find a full time job etc....no freebies here. (hope it works)
I don't think anyone "hates" anyone here. You assume. Anyways we went way off the subject.

We hate the condition in Iran and miss the old Iran. You can see Iran as a Muslim and old-fashioned people but Persians were not like that before 1979 which is the date we left there.

Thanks! That does answer my previous question about differentiating between 'Persians' and 'Iranians'. Persian is pre-1979 and Iranian is post-1979 then? And did backgammon originate in Persia - greatest game I've ever played, by the way.

About backgammon

Thanks for your nice words about backgammon and speaking of which, I can't play backgammon. I can play BANTUMI or MANCELA in its another name and I published four articles about BANTUMI in the genre Game Theory. Remember that I'm former mathematician.
By the way, nobody so far won me in Bantumi.

A nice story,that explain much.One of my first girlfriend was half-Irani,half German,goergous girl name Niloufar,she was modeling in NY,as like you she was a runaway and from the palace family.
Still i'm curious as why did you picked this forum specialy?for books?

Morning! Why did I pick this forum, ha? Let me say. At morning March 9 I googled for "The L-Shaped Room" and looked to the sites coming out at the result. This forum was there and I entered to have a look. Then I fell for this and decided to stay. You think I'm a reptile something? No, I'm not. Just that I sleep for two hours a day, chatting at nights and working at daytime. Saying working, I meant doing something, like, writing codes and looking at the results.

Merely an observation and not an affront - when I lived in LA and met Persians (and dated one for just a short time) while I was out with friends, they pretty much made it clear that they were not Iranians to be identified with the Ayatollah-controlled regime. This was in the mid-nineties.

I assume this is related to the need to create a label of sorts or an identity that separates a large group of people with common cultural origins from another group perceived as intolerable (or anything else possibly unacceptable) to the global mainstream? There are many reasons a common culture may splinter a bit, but is this the right line of thinking about 'Persians' and 'Iranians'?

Oh, wait, why is this in general book discussion and not off-topic? Are you a book?

Actually, I'm book and you seem you're not able to read me.

You seem like a very smart guy and good luck in school. We are the opposite of you, we keep our children home forever. I am trying to change that in my home ofcourse and my son hopefully will start college in september. I have told him if he doesn't pass he will have to find a full time job etc....no freebies here. (hope it works)
I don't think anyone "hates" anyone here. You assume. Anyways we went way off the subject.

God-willing, I hope your son will pass the exam and enter to the university.

Back