• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I'm the most reacted guy

mehdirza

I think I'm the most reacted guy here in this forum, because I posted 60 and more than its fifty percentage was answer to the reactions. What about?

I think I'm the most reacted guy here in this forum, because I posted 60 and more than its fifty percentage was answer to the reactions. What about?

Nothing to do with how many posts you make - it's because you post bollocks.

You protest too much.

Some of us don't like ad hominen attacks which have nothing to do with the subject. If we aren't impressed by your Isaac Newton story, you accuse us of hating Persians. How about this? Some Persians are smart and some Persians are dumb. Some Persians lie and some Persians tell the truth.

Now match that: Some American white women over 21 are smart and some American white women over 21 are dumb. Some American white women over 21 lie and some American white women over 21 tell the truth.

Now you have plenty to react to! :p

Good morning! Actually, I don't wanna protest too much, silverseason. Let me say that in Azerbaijani language there's a saying: "meshe chaggalsiz olmaz" which means "there's no forest having no fox" and when I first heard it, I figurated there's only Turks (Azerbaijan, Turkey) who got strange ideas about differences of human being but aren't all the people coming from one and sometimes having similiar pretendings?

And to your acknowledgement, I was coping with it and I'll keep coping with it.
In Battery Park City, Manhattan there are a lot of Persian live. That place is the best place ever in the world. We Persians go each other's homes and we can support each other everywhere. So Persians aren't dumb. It isn't your business but I've to say I haven't lived in Iran for a month in each and if you sum them, you can't get more than one year. And I haven't lived anywhere else in Iran than Tehran because I'm a Pehlevi (a family). But I live all in Azerbaijan and Turkey. But I can protect my own culture and goals. We Persians aren't Arabians whose countries borders have been drawn by you. We are proud! We can go to Paris and live in Kilometre Zero, or go to Rome and live Capitoline. And Battery Park City in New York City. Because we don't trust to our oil or something like Arabians and we don't trust to our borium as Turkish! We trust in our people! A Persian can do everything. So there is no dumb Persian.

Merely an observation and not an affront - when I lived in LA and met Persians (and dated one for just a short time) while I was out with friends, they pretty much made it clear that they were not Iranians to be identified with the Ayatollah-controlled regime. This was in the mid-nineties.

I assume this is related to the need to create a label of sorts or an identity that separates a large group of people with common cultural origins from another group perceived as intolerable (or anything else possibly unacceptable) to the global mainstream? There are many reasons a common culture may splinter a bit, but is this the right line of thinking about 'Persians' and 'Iranians'?

Oh, wait, why is this in general book discussion and not off-topic? Are you a book?

Merely an observation and not an affront - when I lived in LA and met Persians (and dated one for just a short time) while I was out with friends, they pretty much made it clear that they were not Iranians to be identified with the Ayatollah-controlled regime. This was in the mid-nineties.

I assume this is related to the need to create a label of sorts or an identity that separates a large group of people with common cultural origins from another group perceived as intolerable (or anything else possibly unacceptable) to the global mainstream? There are many reasons a common culture may splinter a bit, but is this the right line of thinking about 'Persians' and 'Iranians'?

I noticed and was wondering the same thing.

I'm new to,and my spelling and grammar are also bad.English is not my native tongue but so are some of the people here.
The only thing i could tell you is that it's a small club of "buddies" and that you rushed through with your big boots.Discretion is of the enscence went you come to a new place.Newcomer are tested,evalueted,taken the piss-off,and their reactions observed.
Been Persian or French is just a hazard of birth,been proud of it is a attitude not alway welcomed.
I like the mess your putting here,and so they does(do?)(in a way!)Just read the post before writing yours,and take your time,that's all.

:confused: huh? I like the mess too:D It seems we don't know who to hate first, who to blame first etc..
When I go to my country for a visit (Greece) and people say how is the U.S :rolleyes: I get annoyed because they put Canada and the U.S as one country and I feel insulted because Canada is it's own country, so I take the time to say "I live in Canada!" Now, I have lived in the U.S also so I am not saying one is worst then the other, but I am proud to be a Canadian. I think our freind here wants a forum for more than just books or he wants a reaction.:D

We should move this thread to mature discussions:) and maybe there we can talk about Alexander the Great?:D

Stewart, is that the only thing? LOL
I feel there is another thread I missed :confused: and it just continued here.....

Mehdirza, if there is always a fox in every forest , it also means there is a dumb guy somewhere in all the smart ones:D

Hi. I first wanna give it to your knowledge that you're Greek and I'm Persain, we're coming from the same point, the same unique family which is called ARRAU and it includes Persians, Greeks and a nation else that I don't wanna say it here. I can post you personally. Have you ever had a look at one of the Sasani History Resources? If yeah, you're then expected to know that we're related.
Secondly, I'm very very very thankful that I'm not alone here at all if we take it account that all the folks here hate me but you and the guy from Marakesh!
Final and the main point is that I didn't mean to accept the fox situation, I meant to ignore that idea because almost everywhere I hear it and so I feel annoyed of that. I'm defending the idea there's at least one forest without fox, called Iran.

Mehdirza I don't hate anyone, and this is not a Hate forum. I know history and persians and greeks have been allies and enemies , going back thousands of years, but you can't "pick" whatever suits you. There is a fox or there isn't a fox. You are labeling everyone here that they hate you, I have noticed when someone says something you get easily offended and defensive when saying an opinion is really why you ask something.If a country, let's say Greece, cause if I say Iran you will not handle the conversation as a mature subject. I can sit here and say that Greeks are the smartest and there are no dumb Greeks etc...but it would be a lie . We have a lot of problems as a country, now if ALL Iranians are the smartest why are you in New York? My point is don't choose whatever suits you at the moment:)

I didn't mean you're hating me, I say you're one of those who is not hating me. In our culture, when a kid comes to his or her 16, he or she has to leave house to have a life for himself or herself and manage himself/herself. So as the others, my parents said me: get the hell out:) and I decide I'd better to go walk around the world. I travelled the Europe and then I came to New York City. I saw here's the best. Best place, not people. And I decide to live here. I'll go to MIT this academic year and till that time, I work as a Java Developer. And the other reason I decided to stay in New York City was that there are more than 30 thousands Persians live in New York City and are mostly programmers. I thought I could work in New York City best. As I see here, Americans are great and show almost the same behaviors as ours. But this forum has got something bizarre that I don't understand. I live in Crown Heights myself because I'm young and I earn less than 1000$ per week but in Battery Park City which is the most expensive place in New York, there are a lot of Persians who mostly are programmers. I spend almost all my daytime there in their houses. There nobody gets involved in our business and we're doing what we desire to. Americans don't hate Persians and vice versa! I'm very glad to be here. But why am not I in Tehran? Because our family is from the Palace of Persiam Empery and after Ayotallah motherfucker, our family went to Europe and my dad and mum which are cousins got back to Turkey and got married. We hate the condition in Iran and miss the old Iran. You can see Iran as a Muslim and old-fashioned people but Persians were not like that before 1979 which is the date we left there.

A nice story,that explain much.One of my first girlfriend was half-Irani,half German,goergous girl name Niloufar,she was modeling in NY,as like you she was a runaway and from the palace family.
Still i'm curious as why did you picked this forum specialy?for books?

Back