• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

In praise of false teeth.

jaybe

Why go through all the pain of toothache?

" " " all the expense of dentists?

" " " all the agony dentists give you?

" " " all the brushing of teeth?

" " " all the self-denial of eating sweets?

" " " all the worry of the above?

I've had full dentures for over forty years and I love them. Best thing I ever did. I keep 'em in all the time except for a quick brush every few days.

Very comfy, and I can enjoy a worry free laugh at folk with toothache.

There must be some snags about dentures, but I haven't found them. Obviously dentists will persuade you to hang on to your own as they mean money to them.

I don't know why everyone doesn't have them. Please do tell me.

Heh im 22 and have 1 fake tooth that came from an accident i had when i was younger. And i despised the dentist sooo much i wanted my teeth ripped out so i could get fakes. But oddly enough i very much enjoy flossing and brushing and do it 4 times a day and actually like cleaning visits to the dentist now.

I don't have any false teeth...yet.

a question, do they move when you talk or do you put polydent?

I rember my grandpa.... when he took them out at night and put them in a glass..(blocking image):)

No they don't move at all, and I sleep with them in. I can eat anything I like too.

Honestly they are brilliant.

Yes, you must have some good stuff that keeps them in place pretty damn well.

But what about that sound... you know what I mean? Sometimes, the way people talk... you can tell they have dentures on. Perhaps they are not wearing the proper size?

When I wore my retainer (some 15 years ago), it gave me a slight slur...

No I don't use any polygrip or owt. They don't move or clatter when I speak.

I suppose they must be a good fit. But why would anyone not get badly fitting teeth altered?

sparkchaser I can have smile as bright as Simon Cowell. I just give them a couple of coats of brilliant white non-drip gloss. Dulux or own store brand are equally good for this.

I've had full dentures for over forty years and I love them. Best thing I ever did. I keep 'em in all the time except for a quick brush every few days.

Every few days? Don't they get all fuzzy with plaque in between brushings?

I've almost always had really good dentists and have never dreaded going. Even having my wisdom teeth out recently wasn't much of an ordeal. I don't think I would like dentures since I couldn't stand the feeling of the plastic against the roof of my mouth when I had a retainer as a kid.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your dentures though.

Heh im 22 and have 1 fake tooth that came from an accident i had when i was younger. And i despised the dentist sooo much i wanted my teeth ripped out so i could get fakes. But oddly enough i very much enjoy flossing and brushing and do it 4 times a day and actually like cleaning visits to the dentist now.

How can you floss four times a day?!?! Thats crazy! I hate flossing.... but have to because of my stupid braces! Eventhought my teeth used to be crooked, theyve gotten soooo much better.

Back