• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Intro

Connor

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. ;)

My name is Connor (hence my incredibly creative username), I am fourteen years-old (turning fifteen in August) and I live somewhere deep within the Bible Belt of the United States. My primary interests are books and film, and I’ve enjoyed reading since I was but a wee lad.
I have been lurking the forums for about a week now, and today I finally decided to join.

Hello abecedarian, thank you for welcoming me. To answer your question, I would say that the books I tend to gravitate toward can be categorized as mid-20th century American literature, but that’s only because I really enjoyed Catch-22, On the Road, Catcher in the Rye and Slaughterhouse-Five. This could change at any given moment, I am trying to explore books of a variety of times, places and genres. Plus, I've only started reading “adult” novels in the past two or three years, before then it was all about Harry Potter, Goosebumps and Animorphs. :)

Therefore, it's difficult to say what I like because I've only just begun exploring, but I suppose that is why I'm here.

In that case, take notes from Hansel and Gretal and be sure to leave pebbles so you can find your way home..this place is chock full of threads to keep you reading for several lifetimes! Fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride:cool:

Welcome to the board. Since you said you enjoy films as well . . . what movies do you enjoy watching?

Abecedarian, thanks, I’ll keep that in mind! :D

Anamnesis, I mostly enjoy classic world cinema. Particularly films from the French New Wave. Netflix and the Criterion Collection are my cinematic godsends.

Welcome to the board!. You'll find a lot of like minded young people like yourself here. I hear wonders about netflix, but I'm not up on all that. Ask me in about five years and I'll probably know then.:D

Back