• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Introduction

elled

Hi Everyone

I have just joined the forum and looking forward to "meeting" members here. I am an avid reader and recently published my first book, To Catch A Cop, so I am niterested in lots of discussions from both sides of the book so to speak.
I'll keep this brief for now, but happy to answer any questions or engage in discussion.

Elle

Welcome aboard! Be sure to post some of your material in the writing section. You have anything on kindle?:whistling:

introduction and Kindle

Thanks for a quick reply. Yes, I have 2 books on Kindle.
To Catch A Cop which is a mystery romance and what should be the start of a series. I just submitted the second one. Now, ahem, when I wrote that book, I was really writing it to figure out HOW to write a book. I wasn't planning to do anything with it and I wasn't sure what I wrote. I thought I was writing a romance but according to the reviews, it consistently comes in as mystery, then romance, then a bit of a thriller. I honestly still don't see that because I thought the mystery was weak, so go figure.
I have another one on Kindle which is contemporary romance--Outback Hero.
The second book in the To Catch series was a bit different. I set out with a bit more deliberation to write a mystery and I think it is much stronger, but I am at the point where I don't know what I am writing and I figure the important thing is get the story right, get the plot as tight as possible, work with interesting characters, and let the genre take care of itself.
You can read free excerpts on my webpage and watch video trailers, but every time I type in my web addy here, it brings it down to the first line of the webtext which is kind of annoying, but it will take you there.
When I get a chance I will also post a short excerpt from the second one and that's always assuming it will be published. Assumption is not a foolproof attitude in publishing!

Elle

Thanks! I just had an email from my publisher and it looks like a contract for the second To Catch book is on the way. Since the first one was a practice novel never meant to see light of day, the second one, IMO is better, since I was writing it for publication!

Elle

Double congratulations, and welcome.

Entice us. (In the appropriate manner, in the appropriate thread, etc, etc, hrmph, hrmph) :D

:flowers:

Back