• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

Is Fox News evil or stupid?

• Evil. Muahahahahahaha

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Stupid. Hurr Durr Derp Derp

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Neither. There is a resonable explanation which I will now present.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Stewart. Fox News is both evil and stupid.

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
Then how am I to learn? How do dude people begin talking to a woman? They always start sentence with Dude, when talking to a man. So what about when they are talking to a woman? Or is my theory correct that dude people do not talk to women at all?
I also believe that dude people are responsible for the strange phenomena of "my bad".
My bad what? Or are they trying to say that they are bad? These same people may also be responsible for "not", and "yathink"?

The dude abides.

Just as I admire some Americans' ability to reduce everything in the world to a dichotomy of conservatives vs liberals, where everything is just a point of view. :flowers:

Well thank you, kind sir, for the bouquet. And your concession that mine also is simply a point of view, not necessarily conservative or liberal, and also presumably not deserving of being called "ignorant" by you just because it differs from your point of view. :flowers::flowers:

Have a good day,

also presumably not deserving of being called "ignorant" by you just because it differs from your point of view. :flowers::flowers:

Actually, this was kind of my point, so thank you for making it: that there's a difference between knowledge and "points of view". Having a different opinion about a given set of facts isn't ignorant. Being ignorant - which is a loaded word, sorry, feel free to say unknowledgeable - about what the facts are (say, whether the most influential country in a part of the world where your country has been at war for 20 years is run by a military dictator, a bunch of religious fanatics, or a democratically elected parliament) and taking pride in that is another matter. Increasingly, in discussions like this, there seems to be the attitude that no opinion can ever be wrong - that if one person says there were WMDs in Iraq or the Haiti earthquake was caused by satanism or Obama is a muslim or vaccines cause autism or the British royal family are lizards or FOX News is unbiased, that's just an opinion and it's therefore a valid point no matter what the actual facts are. I'm not saying it's wrong to have that opinion: I'm saying it's wrong to claim it as being equal to facts when the facts directly contradict it. Since I'm of the oddly controversial opinion that reality exists, that irks me. Perhaps overly so. If so, like I said, I apologize for being flippant.

...aaaaaand that got long. Here's a funny picture.
acloudfront.mediamatters.org_static_images_item_fn_20090504_sotu_lg.jpg

I really need to start drinking again. First off, dude, this is an example of the whole dude problem. I was speaking about dude people in general, not about the actual dude. To eliminate confusion in the future, I will refer to actual dude with a capital D, as in Dude. But maybe actual dude is also a dude person. I have lost track of the dudes in this forum, to be honest, and I really cannot be bothered to go back and reread these dude comments. They were bad enough the first time.
beergoodhugh had a good thing going this time until he put up what was supposed to be a funny picture but turned out to be a bunch of judges. Really beergoodhugh you will not replace monty python with this kind of humor, although after a couple of 6-packs I would probably find this to be hilarious. But thank you for adding the Fox news picture, as for a second I thought this was the Book and Reader Forum.

On further review, I now see the situation of the beergood judges humor is not neccessarily alcohol related. Beergood is apparently from Sweden, which has given the world such notable comedians as Ingmar Bergman. His movies never fail to crack me up.

We've used Apologia texts in our home school. We've also sent some of the younger kids on to the local public school, where they've taken Biology. I believe there are good reasons to doubt the theory of evolution as it is taught in the schools, but students need to be familiar with all theories out there. But not once has any of their Christian textbooks suggested that 'cross-breeding' across cultural lines was akin to breeding separate species of human beings. That's ludicrous.

There are plenty of old Swedish guys in Southeast Asia married to young Asian girls, so they are not so much into this racial purity thing either. From my experience, if you give a Swedish guy enough beer, he will marry anybody too, regardless of what species they are. I cannot play these tv videos on my computer, but the blonde is not a bad looking racist. I think she looks Swedish.
Beergood, for someone who hates Fox news, it seems like you must spend all your time watching it.

There are plenty of old Swedish guys in Southeast Asia married to young Asian girls, so they are not so much into this racial purity thing either. From my experience, if you give a Swedish guy enough beer, he will marry anybody too, regardless of what species they are.

You're saying FOX News *lies*?!? :eek:

Back