• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Is this the end for books?

...People think the price of ink is a huge factor? Really?

Seriously: printing and distribution of paper books is a cost, sure. But it's a pretty small fraction of the price of a book (OK, it's a bit more if you take returns into consideration). A lot of people seem to be under the impression that publishers do nothing but receive a manuscript, print it, and charge money. I'm sure some do, but trust me, you'll notice what they failed to do when you read that book.

Printed books will always exist, its a relaible form of communication; e-readers require batteries, software and electronic components that allow the user to read an e-book on their e-reader. These can easily stop working unexpectatly A printed book simply needs a person to pick up, open the cover and begin reading.
Living in a digital age, its such a releif to have something that is very reliable and not requires battery power. I too love printed books and also e-books.

Back