• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

I've had it

Somehow by posting here I managed to reserect my dead thread. I didn't for that to happen.

Libre, If I sounded harsh, it's not that I'm a total bitch (only on the days that end in y) I didn't mean to sound rude. I'm a mother and I try to teach the kids not to whine about things that don't mean much to their day to day living and things that they have no control over. I guess this thread just got the best of me....or maybe it's Thursday of Spring Break and I'm in real need of these kids to go back to school.:p You're right, This is such a trivial issue compared to all the other horrible things that can happen to you.....

Isabell said:
Somehow by posting here I managed to reserect my dead thread. I didn't for that to happen.

... I'm a mother and I try to teach the kids not to whine about things that don't mean much to their day to day living and things that they have no control over.

But look at all the fun we've had! :D (Now if we could just get Left Behind back up on its hind feet.)

StillILearn said:
But look at all the fun we've had! :D (Now if we could just get Left Behind back up on its hind feet.)

You lil' pot stirrer you! Go ahead, go back and say something, anything, I'm sure we can get the Left Behind thread back on track;) But understand..I've got an impossible weekend ahead of me, so I may not be around as much as I'd like...

abecedarian said:
You lil' pot stirrer you! Go ahead, go back and say something, anything, I'm sure we can get the Left Behind thread back on track;) But understand..I've got an impossible weekend ahead of me, so I may not be around as much as I'd like...

Well, abc, I pitched it the best I could over there already. I'll tell you what, I'll wait until you get this weekend behind you then maybe I'll try again.

What's hap'nin? :)

Hey! Wait a minute PEOPLE!!! What about meeeee??? Why are we talking about another thread when you can clearly see that I'm having trouble here with ANNE RICE! NOT the Left Behind series!!!!!:p

Focus People Focus!!!

Edited to ADD: oops, Nevermind....that was supposed to be in my thread about Anne Rice...See what you people do to me!! Sheesh! Now you guys have acctivated my thread, I can't seem to figure out where the hell I am !!

StillILearn said:
Well, abc, I pitched it the best I could over there already. I'll tell you what, I'll wait until you get this weekend behind you then maybe I'll try again.

What's hap'nin? :)

This evening I get to go shopping with our resident Bride to Be and her maid of honor, then Our future son-in-law is coming to visit again..He'll arrrive tomorrow evening after 7..Fridays are my run days with music lesson at 11 and art/ladies Bible study at 2..Saturday most of us will be at the church serving or performing for a senior citizen's dinner. I'm baking ham slices for 75 and working in the kitchen preparing,serving,cleaning up..whatever. I will be toast by Saturday evening. Sunday looks almost sane:rolleyes: Tossed into all the mix, just for fun and adventure-my van has a broken latch on the driver's door, so I can't drive it til further notice. Hubby will probably try to go order the bolts tomorrow from the dealership.. but it could take a few days!

Isabell said:
Hey! Wait a minute PEOPLE!!! What about meeeee??? Why are we talking about another thread when you can clearly see that I'm having trouble here with ANNE RICE! NOT the Left Behind series!!!!!:p

Focus People Focus!!!

Edited to ADD: oops, Nevermind....that was supposed to be in my thread about Anne Rice...See what you people do to me!! Sheesh! Now you guys have acctivated my thread, I can't seem to figure out where the hell I am !!

Plus which, we need to start worrying about abc's upcoming wedding. Have you even ordered the flowers yet? And whad'ya think's the problem with the car door?

Hey abec--do we get to be ushers at the wedding? Is it southpaw whose getting hitched?

abecedarian said:
This evening I get to go shopping with our resident Bride to Be and her maid of honor, then Our future son-in-law is coming to visit again..He'll arrrive tomorrow evening after 7..Fridays are my run days with music lesson at 11 and art/ladies Bible study at 2..Saturday most of us will be at the church serving or performing for a senior citizen's dinner. I'm baking ham slices for 75 and working in the kitchen preparing,serving,cleaning up..whatever. I will be toast by Saturday evening. Sunday looks almost sane:rolleyes: Tossed into all the mix, just for fun and adventure-my van has a broken latch on the driver's door, so I can't drive it til further notice. Hubby will probably try to go order the bolts tomorrow from the dealership.. but it could take a few days!
BTW, when is the date.

Van door- broken door latch bolts..
Wedding info-NOT SouthPaw..dd#2, date-September 23, haven't gotten to flowers yet...looks like it will be outdoors in a park, so maybe we can skimp on flowers..ushers will most likely be a son or two-the 12 year old is balking-and a cousin or two or the groom..that's about the extent of my wedding knowledge at this point, other than it will be 80 miles away:rolleyes:

I had the same problem at evboard.com, and I can totally sympathize. I'm sorry you're having trouble here, because I know how it feels to keep trying to fit in and realize nothing you do makes a difference. I will be sorry to see you go, but I respect your decision and won't beg you to stay, mostly because you're leaving for the same reason I left evboard.com.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
...I will be sorry to see you go, but I respect your decision and won't beg you to stay, mostly because you're leaving for the same reason I left evboard.com.

Update - I'm staying.

abecedarian said:
Van door- broken door latch bolts..
Wedding info-NOT SouthPaw..dd#2, date-September 23, haven't gotten to flowers yet...looks like it will be outdoors in a park, so maybe we can skimp on flowers..ushers will most likely be a son or two-the 12 year old is balking-and a cousin or two or the groom..that's about the extent of my wedding knowledge at this point, other than it will be 80 miles away:rolleyes:
ABC, I was watching the tornados and awful fires on TV. How close were they to you. Hope you are a long ways off.

abecedarian said:

I feel your pain, My sister is getting married on September 23rd also and I was NOT picked as the Matron of Honor. (Curse or blessing?) I'm not sure yet....But hurt as hell about it. She decided to pick my cousin David (that's right, you've read it right) She picked a guy to be her maid of Honor. Maybe it is a blessing, no?

Hi Libre, Im new here, and i read your posts and i hate to see you go!
and i understand why your angry... later

Isabell said:
I feel your pain, My sister is getting married on September 23rd also and I was NOT picked as the Matron of Honor. (Curse or blessing?) I'm not sure yet....But hurt as hell about it. She decided to pick my cousin David (that's right, you've read it right) She picked a guy to be her maid of Honor. Maybe it is a blessing, no?

...and now the maid of honor...David.:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Isabell said:
Blessing. IM(semiH)O ;)

Isabell said:
Isabell,
That's a new one!
I can definitely feel your pain too. :) Civility, courtesy, politeness, tradition and every other reason would definitely be in your favor, most of all sisterly love, hopefully.
But OTOH if she wants to do it that way then, with a certain amount of admiration, I have to say more power to her.
Very much too bad that she had to hurt someone else's feelings to do it.
But if one lives long enough one will definitely see everything! :eek:
Peder

Back