• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

JK Rowling hints at three more Harry Potter novels

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
J.K. Rowling teases with news of THREE more Harry Potter novels

Back in April, J.K. Rowling hinted that she might write another Harry Potter novel, "maybe 10 years from now." But Friday on The Oprah Winfrey Show, the news got even better—Rowling says she has enough material in mind for not just one more book about the boy wizard, but THREE.

"I could definitely write an eighth, ninth, tenth," the writer told Winfrey. "I'm not going to say I won't. I don't think I will ... I feel I am done, but you never know."

I've always thought Rowling was a writer, and she would feel compelled to write again.

For me the question was more if she would write a new series (one that cannot *hope* to equal the HP books) or if she would succomb to the temptation to do more HP (positive feedback will do that to you).

I guess the answer has arrived.

-David

It wouldn't bother me at all. I've only sampled Harry Potter, reading the first and the last, but found the books more enjoyable and better written than I had expected. So, write on!

The Abc kids will buy and read them...that's the young kids as well as the old kids. Oh, and Ms Rowling can count on multiple sales from us in the bargain. No one can stand waiting around while a sib(or child) reads the newest one, and certain individuals are not known for their ability to keep a secret.....:whistling:

:flowers:

Way to go, ABC!

Is it like rugby when the books arrive?

Or survival of the fittest?

:)

:flowers:

Way to go, ABC!

Is it like rugby when the books arrive?

Or survival of the fittest?

:)

Definately survival..not necessarily of the fittest:whistling:
Another favorite sport around here is debating potential plotlines. Some of my my kids should write fanfiction..

Definately survival..not necessarily of the fittest:whistling:
Another favorite sport around here is debating potential plotlines. Some of my my kids should write fanfiction..

:lol:

Hey, that's a good idea, put those kids to work! :D

But don't worry Olbreeze, a new one will be along soon - nice and shiny to fill that missing gap.

I wish her all the best. But I have been disappointed by more sequels than I can count. Apparently, good ones are not easy to write.

Back