• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

June 2008 - Book Group Suggestions

I recieved Farewell to Arms today:).

So, should we make a long list out of all the suggestions and go from there? or is there any more recomendations?

I may be missing something but is there a convenient location which lists each upcoming month's book? Unless I read every single post here (or somewhere else?), I would not really know what's going on. Just a suggestion. I'm a newbie here and was kinda lost as to where to find the selected books for July or August. I'm probably too late for June.

I may be missing something but is there a convenient location which lists each upcoming month's book? Unless I read every single post here (or somewhere else?), I would not really know what's going on. Just a suggestion. I'm a newbie here and was kinda lost as to where to find the selected books for July or August. I'm probably too late for June.
I think the next six months are coming to a close, so I'll be making the posts shortly.

I may be missing something but is there a convenient location which lists each upcoming month's book?

I've made threads months in advance. I've also added the book of the month to the calendar. Hopefully we can get that set up to show months in advance too.

I'm a newbie here and was kinda lost as to where to find the selected books for July or August. I'm probably too late for June.

You are not too late for June. The book is A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway and we haven't started discussing it yet. Don't hesitate to post about the book as you read it. The book is set during World War I and I promise that there are no bull fights in it.

We are still getting the system organized. The July book is Embers.

I've made threads months in advance. I've also added the book of the month to the calendar. Hopefully we can get that set up to show months in advance too.

Thanks. Can you also fix that little do-hicky upper right corner of the home page which is still showing Flaubert?

No, I don't have access to anything like that. I spotted that yesterday (I rarely visit the home page).

You are not too late for June. The book is A Farewell to Arms by Hemingway and we haven't started discussing it yet. Don't hesitate to post about the book as you read it. The book is set during World War I and I promise that there are no bull fights in it.

It's good to know that I can actually read June's book IN JUNE, while discussing it IN JUNE. I'll be curious to find out how THAT will work. I guess I'll be avoiding all the spoiler threads then.

I have no qualms about bullfights, so no worries.

It's good to know that I can actually read June's book IN JUNE, while discussing it IN JUNE. I'll be curious to find out how THAT will work. I guess I'll be avoiding all the spoiler threads then.

I have no qualms about bullfights, so no worries.

So, will you be discussing JUNE'S book with us?:D

I don't think people should use spoiler tags in a book of the month thread. It should be assumed that you are reading the thread because you have read the book.

Yeah...see that's what I thought. But silverseason said I can read and discuss in the same month! Okay, well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. LOL!

I'll start it as soon as I finish The Yacoubian Building.

BTW, Dawg...found a new second hand copy of Sons and Lovers......:D

Back