• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Kill Bill I and II

In the last sceen in KB2, in the bathroom with Uma on the floor while her daughter was watching cartoons...was she crying, or laughing, or both?

I agree with Honeydevil. I think the bride was extremely relieved to be alive and have her daughter alive.

The band-aid might be some Tarantino homage thing. There's probably an answer to that somewhere on the internet.

Maybe I should rephrase that....was she sad laughing/crying or happy laughing/crying or both...

All the people she once loved are now dead. Bill is dead. The dork she was going to marry is dead.....everybody she once worked with is dead....except her daughter, and her...and now she has to discover a new life, one that's not involving murder for hire.

Was part of that scene her coming to grips with the reality that life as she once knew it was now completely over. Was she sad/frightened about the future and how to be a "good" mother?

Or was she happy/crying because in the end it all worked out as she planned? New life, revenge, plus the bonus of having her daughter....

To me it looked like she was happy laughing and crying. It was an extremely painful experience for many reasons, but now it's over and she got what she wanted (revenge and her daughter). I interpretted it as catharsis after all the turmoil.

The very last part where she strikes the guy in the chest and he only has a few steps left, very brave and stoic on his part. That was a good scene.

bobbyburns said:
that's the understatement of the day.

Ahhhhhh, I now understand more fully in a more detailed way now, why that scene is greater than perhaps I described it.

Kill Bill 1 and 2 were WONDERFUL. I'm now going to refer to them as one film because essentially it really is. I thought Q did a great job, again . Good storyline and actors. The film is unconventional according to today's standards. It was reminiscent of the old spaghetti westerns (how I loathe that term) and kung-fu films.

I was so hyped for Kill Bill I thought it couldn't be released fast enough. Sadly, I hated the movie. It wasn't at all what I expected and I found all the artsy-fartsy cinematography to be dull and pointless.

What had I expected? Old school martial arts cheese-fest with better music and cinematography. It had some of that but it was bogged down with a lot of other junk. I enjoyed the music and little snippets of fight scenes.

Renee said:
What had I expected? Old school martial arts cheese-fest with better music and cinematography. It had some of that but it was bogged down with a lot of other junk.
Better music and cinematography... are you sure you saw Kill Bill? The music and cinematography were both spectacular. And the entire movie was old-school martial arts cheese-fest.

sirmyk said:
Better music and cinematography... are you sure you saw Kill Bill? The music and cinematography were both spectacular. And the entire movie was old-school martial arts cheese-fest.

Are you sure you read my post correctly? I said there was other stuff that I didn't like, like the weird cinematography that isn't at all "old-school martial arts" and everyone has different musical tastes, I hardly recall what the music was so it obviously didn't impress me.

If you don't know what "weird" cinematography I'm referring to perhaps you are the one that did not see Kill Bill.

I'd love to answer this question, but in all honesty and lack-of-vacuosity, with the know-how of 16 combined months in the foruming community, I have absolutely no fucking idea what you're saying.

bobbyburns said:
I'd love to answer this question, but in all honesty and lack-of-vacuosity, with the know-how of 16 combined months in the foruming community, I have absolutely no fucking idea what you're saying.

Then we're sqaure. Because I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're trying to say.

Back