• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

kskyhappy in book forum shocker

phil_t said:
<Sits in the corner and feels smug and superior>

Phil :D

Be as superior as you like, but I'm smug because I can have an incredible southern breakfast every weekend with biscuits and gravy and pancakes and eggs and bacon and grits and hash browns for $5.25, plus tax. Coffee 90 cents extra.

Well i can have breakfast everyday for just 69p, which includes five items from the following: bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, baked beans, toast, tomatoes, black pudding <yuch>, etc.

So there :p

Of course, this is canteen food from a supermarket, so whether you'd actually consider it edible or not is a whole other argument ;)

Phil

breakfast ... with biscuits and gravy and pancakes and eggs and bacon and grits and hash browns
Uh ooh.

puke1.gif

Cheers, Martin :D

I'd like it to be known that grits are not served nation-wide in the US, only in the south. The only time I had them was in Georgia while on my way driving to Florida. If I ever get the urge to try them again I think I'll just take a straw to the kitty litter box. :eek:

What's the matter with you people? Don't you know that cold pizza is the breakfast of champions? :cool:

RaVeN

Grits are GOOOOOOOOOD. Especially with salt and lots of butter. Obviously you were served an inferior variety.

I don't know, it could be something psychological. I think the name has something to do with it. I just can't make myself like anything called grits.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I don't eat nuts either. :D

RaVeN

Ashlea said:
Brits. :rolleyes: ;)

In MY world, biscuits are floury, flaky things made with buttermilk, then split in 2 and covered with sausage gravy.

Over here they'd be a savoury scone. I have an American cookbook with 'biscuits' in it. Definitely a variation on the scone.

Litany said:
Over here they'd be a savoury scone. I have an American cookbook with 'biscuits' in it. Definitely a variation on the scone.

Yes, very scone-like, but not the least bit sweet.

biscuits vs biscuits

lol i can't believe i've sparked the old biscuit/cookie debate with my introduction.

thanks for the welcome guys.

ksky

kskyhappy said:
lol i can't believe i've sparked the old biscuit/cookie debate with my introduction.
Let's just be glad it wasn't the Great Jaffa Cake Argument.

which part?

which part of oz do you hail from Jonzey? i have lived in Adelaide and Sydney.
beautiful country and planning to emigrate with the girl.

ksky

I'm actually living in Sydney at the moment. Will be moving further south to Melbourne before May.

I've never been to Adelaide :(

The best place to live is the Gold Coast in my opinion :) I lived there for most my life, but now I'm going back to my birthplace.

Back