• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

kskyhappy in book forum shocker

kskyhappy

hmm joined because i miss discussing books with other reading types. i'm a recently qualified architect working in a small practice in manchester, uk.

for my sins i used to work for a book store (name withheld due to notoriety) where i used to help buy stock and organise events for paperback fiction. Whilst organising author events, i used to enjoy meeting and introducing new and established authors. Some of my favourites being Barbara Kingsolver, Bernard Cornwell, Victor Pelevin, Nick Hornby (you still owe me a tenner), blah blah blah.

i guess i enjoy reading quite widely although i have favourites, i like magical realism such as Italo Calvino (not so fond of Marquez), Absurdism - i guess Pelevin slots in here - unforgiveable i forgot Richard Brautigan, i also like the poetry of Charles Bukowski its the sort of blithering nonsense i can subscribe to.

good enough intro?

ksky

good enough intro?
Not bad, not bad at all.

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet. Grab a chair, have a drink, eat a cookie (not mine, mind you), and have fun!

Cheers, Martin :D

Hello, and Welcome.

And what Martin meant is that as a newbie you have to bring enough cookies for everyone. I like chocolate Hob Nobs.

Mcvities?

lol, they make them round the corner, not a bad dunker imho, however for dunking the ginger snap is king.

ksky

Welcome and if you would be so kind, please make mine an oatmeal raisin. They're great to dunk in whisky, but then what isn't? (don't answer that Martin :D )

RaVeN

Welcome, kskyhappy :)

I’m the quiet one in the toybox, but I’ll come out and play if you ask nicely ;)

. . . and feed me chocolate – any kind of chocolate :) :) :)

Third Man Girl

Hey kskyhappy!! Welcome to the Forums :)

You know Ashlea, technically HobNobs arent cookies ;)

Phil

biscuits!!!! :D

No, not the kind they serve in Huddle House, although they are good :)

ANYHOOOOOOO!!!

Welcome!
Make mine a chocolate covered carrot!

Regards
Martin

Brits. :rolleyes: ;)

In MY world, biscuits are floury, flaky things made with buttermilk, then split in 2 and covered with sausage gravy.

Back