• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

Ms.

Last - Saul Williams

Next - Stars

I expected to enjoy the show while being slightly under whelmed compared to the other fans because I didn’t know a lot of his material. Support was provided 2 bands and a DJ, first up were a pretty average angst black America/white leftist Irish slam poetry crap followed by an adorable Irish girl who kept messing up her songs but won over allot of the crowd with her disses to her own ability which by her final two songs was up to scratch. Saul along with his DJ came onstage soon after the support act left and proceeded straight into a solo poetry piece which synced flawlessly into the song telegram. Within minutes he had the crowd including myself enthralled to the himself and his music due to his infectious songs along with incidences of passion exemplified when accidentally moving away from his microphone during song had everyone shushing up to listen to his words. I fell in love with him because of his talking casually to the crowd as if to a friend amusing us with anecdotes about his past (opened up for Kriss Kross yo!) and comments on certain songs. I’ve never watched a more humble and affable performer who interacted with the crowd with such ease. I had expected his performance to be full of tedious comments on American foreign policy and Injustice against Black America but instead was relieved to find that he rarely touched upon either subject, his poetry/songs covered mainly philosophical ideas imbued into personal experience. A wonderful show, the best I’ve seen in over 18 months in part due to the lovely venue which while small was perfectly suited. I left saddened it was over, I will not see him again for a long time.

Well, last night I saw Antony & The Johnsons for the second time this year. I just got back from a local girl's gig (and three support acts) called Laura Kenny; some country pop which I recommend, especially to American fans of the genre.

My next gig, hopefully, shall be Belle & Sebastian whom, I hope, mehastings will rave about. ;)

Stewart said:
My next gig, hopefully, shall be Belle & Sebastian whom, I hope, mehastings will rave about. ;)

*bleep bleep* i hate you :D

When do you see b+s? i seem em in feb

Last: William Parker Quartet all the way back in September. It was odd, as at times it almost felt like entering one of those inside/outside Impulse "new thing" sessions of the early 70s. You know, Pharoah Sanders, Archie Shepp etc... Some serious blowing went down!

No particular plans of anything coming up. Living in a small town and not having a car results in not getting out much for gigs, particularly since I don't know anyone who shares my tastes in music.

I was going to go see Sign and I Adapt tonight, but studying will get in the way of that.

I think my last concert was Jakobinarina and my next will be... Trabant?

turque said:
Last: Pink (in 2004)
Next: depecHe MODE in Vienna and Budapest (2006)
Hehe... I must add the third one: 23rd of June 2006 in Romania! Yuppy!!!
I will see depeche mode 3 times in one year... my dream came through three times! :D :D

last: Elton John and Billy Joel Actually, I think I saw Jim Brickman (with Mario Frangoulis *swoon!* and some chic) last... Hmm..

next: I have NO idea.

Last;Van Morrison. Next;Bloodbrothers-Willy Russell. I know it's not really a gig but we love it. It's the fourth time I think. Try my hardest not to cry every time.

NotTheDoctor said:
... and Robbie Williams in June :p
Robbie...! I kick myself for not going to his concert when he was in Melbourne. Not one of my friends would go with me, and so I foolishly decided that I didn't want to go alone. ***SIGH*** Big regret! :(

I would surely go to a RW concert, even if none of my friends wouldn't come! I just love his music! Great showman... saw him on DVD... live on Knebworth... what a show!! Meee and my monkey... :D

I think the last 'gig' or 'concert' I went to was Robert Fripp, when he played a solo chartity thing Salisbury cathedral a few years ago.

Next? I have no idea or intention of going to anything at the moment.

turque said:
I would surely go to a RW concert, even if none of my friends wouldn't come! I just love his music! Great showman... saw him on DVD... live on Knebworth... what a show!! Meee and my monkey... :D

Knebworth was a great concert,i did try and get tickets for his concerts next yr but they sold out that quick.My daughter is gutted :(

Back