• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

Ooh, I've never seen a famous person's MySpace before. I know a lousy Guns N Roses act, but nobody proper, like. :D

Is anyone familiar with Sophie B. Hawkins's music. Two of her big hits were:

As I lay Me Down
Damn I Wish I was Your Lover

She was on a world tour last year to promote her latest album.

muggle said:
Sophie B. Hawkins
She was on a world tour last year to promote her latest album.

Jeez, there's a blast from the past, as they say. I had no idea she was still alive, let alone touring. :eek:

She is an independent soul. She broke with sony as she didn't like the direction they were taking her. She now produces and does the whole bit with her music. Her latest album was "Wilderness'. She also just recorded a album titled "Live". As you may know, she writes almost all her own music. There were a few good songs on Wilderness. She personally sent a copy of the CD to my son as, at the time, they were working together on a "deal".

She is liked very much by the youngun's.

btw, she was in Scotland and Ireland last year as part of her tour.

Saw Nine Inch Nails last Monday nite with Saul Williams opening. Missed the opening act but NIN was great. Third time I've seen them.

Oh! saul williams <3

I'm going to see bob dylan and flaming lips which i think is my next gig

I'm half thinking also fiona apple but so much travel and cost and i've become accustomed to thinking i'll never see her

sorry i've got time to kill and it's decent for me to get it sorted in my head also i dunno how to delete my previous post <\3

Okkervil River - 7th may
Josh Ritter - 12th may
Architecture In Helsinki - 14th may
Broken Social Scene - 18th may
Radiohead and Beck - 25th May
Bob Dylan and The Flaming Lips - 24th June

There we go and along with it my hopes of ever aspiring for food greater than anything on the mcdonalds euro saver menu.

Okkervil River - 7th may
Josh Ritter - 12th may
Architecture In Helsinki - 14th may
Broken Social Scene - 18th may
Radiohead and Beck - 25th May
Bob Dylan and The Flaming Lips - 24th June

Wow, that's quite a list of concerts. Have fun...
Saturday I'm seeing Michale Graves. He was the lead singer of The Misfits for a while and how he's doing his own thing. Should be relatively fun.

I saw the Flaming Lips yesterday. 30 seconds into the show the entire (floor) audience is already covered in confetti, giant balloons and smoke machines and singing along with every word. They do songs about Japenese teenagers fighting pink robots, Superman, suicide bombers, weird breakfasts and Nobel Prize winners and on stage they're flanked by half a dozen Santa Clauses dancing on one side and half a dozen space aliens on the other. By the end (they finish with a note-perfect version of Sabbath's "War Pigs") I'm soaked in sweat, covered with so much confetti I'll be washing paper out of my hair for a week and smiling so much my face hurts.

I love the Flaming Lips.
Yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah yah!

My last gig was a local ska/punk band called The Amphetameanies. They are notable in that their lineup consist(s/ed) of members from Belle & Sebastian, bis, and Franz Ferdinand.

Next gig will be The Divine Comedy later this month.

The last gig I went to was Oceansize last month at Rock City.

The next on my list will be Taking Back Sunday on the 23rd May :cool:

Well, I went along to King Tut's Wah Wah Hut last night to see a band called Radar Brothers. Rather dull, in my humble opinion, as were the support band whose name I can't even remember. (Lone Pine, perhaps?) They were Welsh and provided dull music which, at times, lapsed into the mid-90s sound of Primal Scream.

Best performer of the night, given that he had the largest audience and actually made interesting music, was a singer/songwriter going under the monicker of Beerjacket. Acoustic guitar and a tambourine for stamping on; also the only personality on show between songs with short, but meandering, stories.

Last: Powder Burn, Hurt, Drowning Pool, and Staind on the Jagermeister tour.

Next: Hopefully Hinder but I dont know when they will come back since I keep missing them. Or any other kool band that comes to town.

Back