• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

Last: Eels & The Submarines
What an amazing show. The Submarines were super cute and lively.
E was a bad ass. The whole band was so full of energy. Too bad I only recognized about two songs. :blush:
---
@ beer good
I want to see PJ Harvey!

I hope there were no bright lights, water cannons, or concession stand after midnight :innocent:

Not quite sure but if that's a reference to Friday Night Lights you appear to have Mogwai confused with Explosions in the Sky.....who, by the way, I may go see in a couple days. Definitely going to see James McMurtry (son of Larry McMurtry for all you Lonesome Dove fans out there) on 9/23.

Saw the mighty mighty Steve Earle yesterday. Very good show, unfortunately plagued by sound problems - Steve kept changing instruments from bouzouki to mandolin to acoustic guitar to electric guitar, and apparently the sound guys got confused and turned his vocals down every time his guitar got louder. That said, he was on great form, the setlist went as far back as Guitar Town, and with everything going on in the world he put some extra weight on songs like "The Revolution Starts... Now" and "Xmas In Washington".

Plus, we got an Alison Moorer mini-set in the middle, with an incredible country version of "A Change Is Gonna Come", so it's all good.

Noted at the merch table afterwards that Steve Earle must be the only somewhat-slightly-mainstream country artist selling t-shirts with the hammer and sickle on.

Saw Jack White yesterday. I was wondering what he was going to do as a solo artist, but it works: he has a large-ish band (drums, bass, keyboards, fiddle, pedal steel and backup vocals - all of them women, btw) that gives him all the extra room to move he really missed on the later White Stripes records, but let him stick to the blues and country roots. Mixes up solo material, a Raconteurs song or two, and a couple of White Stripes songs (and no, he's evidently not sick of "Seven Nation Army" yet).

Jack White - Hangout On The Beach Festival 2012 - Hotel Yorba - YouTube

Back