• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

last/next concert ?

Cansei de ser Sexy are coming here too. Do you know if they are any good live? The album is a lot of fun, but...

Wouldn't mind seeing Luke Haines, but he doesn't seem to ever set his foot outside the UK. Considering his lyrics, you'd think the English would encourage him to go skewer someone else now and then.

Oh, come on. Bono's not THAT fat yet. :rolleyes:

Maybe.....you never know, Bono always looks like he wears a man girdle! HAHA

The last show I went to was Rise Against, A Wilhelm Scream and Berri Txarrak in September. Next in line will probably not be until January. I just can't find the time these days... And there aren't that many bands I like playing here.

I think I'm going to see Iggy Pop in August. Not my cup of tea but the other half wants to go.
Then we're seeing Prince twice in September.

Why won't Rammstein tour again? At least with them you get to see some skin and pyrotechnics.

My last gig was Devo, and prior to that The Silversun Pickups. Next up, barring any impulse decisions, is Saturday at the Cambridge Folk Festival. Then both Peeping Tom and Silverchair in August.

The last concert I attended was Rob Thomas and Jewel, it was real good. Jewel is cool, she is just a stoner with her guitar, it was quite entertaining.

My next concert is Lynyrd Skynyrd, next week. Unless is rains cause its in an outdoor venue. I'm crossing my fingers.

Rush/Smashing Pumpkins

Last week, my boyfriend (Paul), friends & I saw Rush. I never really listened to Rush 'til I met my boyfriend. The only songs I knew were Tom Sawyer & YYZ (because of Guitar Hero II)... but man, I had a blast. It was so much fun. The venue was great and the band was really entertaining & funny.

In November, Paul's younger sister is going to see Shiny Toy Guns. Man, I'd love to see 'em... but she told us that the very next day will be Smashing Pumpkins... Then she bought us tickets. So that's totally exciting. So of course I'd take SP over STG any day. (Too bad D'arcy & James Iha aren't in the band anymore).

I haven't been to a concert in YEARS, last concert was Smashing Pumpkins, that was before they broke up and Billy Corgan put together Swan or Zwan or whatever it was. They are back together again now. I don't really like their new song on the radio though. I really want to catch Fiona Apple in concert one day, she was here recently but I missed her.

Saw Paul Brandt last night. He is a Country singer from Alberta, Canada for those who don't know. It was okay, I'm not a big country fan, but Mrs. RAC is, so we went.

Smashing Pumpkins

SP put on a great show! The opening band (forgot name) was pretty good too (they're from Texas!). We saw 'em this past Sunday night, although we were supposed to see 'em two weeks earlier. But Jimmy was hospitalized and they postponed a few shows.

So, the one we went to was in Dallas and that was their last American stop.
It was exciting.

Ooh, and the new bassist is pretty damn cute.
Here she is: http://www.myspace.com/gingersling

The last (paying) gig I went to was Gogol Bordello at the AB.

I don't have any real plans for the next few months, and that's sad.

My last concert was Arab musicians at the Barbican in London a month or so ago – not really my cup of tea, as it turned out.

I should have been going to see Duke Special last Monday, but a nasty stomach upset intervened. :mad:

Going to see South African jazz trumpet legend Hugh Masakela with the London Symphony Orchestra at the Barbican this Wednesday and then I've got tickets for the same venue for 30 December for Beethoven's fifth piano concerto and the ninth symphony.

The last (paying) gig I went to was Gogol Bordello at the AB.

I don't have any real plans for the next few months, and that's sad.

I'm jealous... so want them to come to Australia, one of my favourites that I haven't seen yet.

Last: The Cat Empire, last saturday night. These guys are amazing, their energy and live versions are unbelievable, the 10 min 'In My Pocket' was mind-blowing as is their new stuff.

Next: Big Day Out, 1st Feb 08. Want to catch there: Bjork, Rage against the Machine, silverchair, johnwoodsband, Hilltop Hoods and to discover some new bands

Last concert was Roger Waters(From Pink Floyd) in Manchester...

Next for me will be Iron Maiden if their tour brings them to Glasgow or Edinburgh.

my love (for my birthday) took me to my first concert in Anberlin, Mae and Motion City Soundtrack.

My next concert is going to be As Cities Burn, Mayday Parade and Emery :]

Back