• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Batman Begins is okay - you won't be disappointed, and it's good enough to warrant a sequel. Nothing brilliant, though.

Cheers

I'm seeing Batman Begins this weekend. I'm hoping Christopher Nolan (Director) keeps with his style (The Following, Memento, Insomnia) and brings us something dark.

I was pleasantly surprised my Christian Bale - I think he's excellent as the brooding, dark, gloomy batman.

Cheers

Was it Christian Bale in that movie The Machinist, who lost something like 70 pounds to play a man with an eating disorder? I still have yet to see that movie, but I heard it's worth seeing.

Yep, same guy - it's amazing how much weight that guy can lose/gain for a part. Check him out in Reign of Fire - he's incredibly buff in that one, even more so than in Batman, and compare that to The Machinist - it's scary.

Cheers

It makes me wonder just how healthy/unhealthy some of these hollywood personal trainers are for actors/actresess. Almost makes me want to hire a hollywood personal trainer of my own to make me look something similar to Christian Bale in Batman. Or maybe he/she could make me look like Angelina Jolie. Scarry. Hmmm...

Bale

Martin said:
I was pleasantly surprised my Christian Bale - I think he's excellent as the brooding, dark, gloomy batman.

Cheers
I'm glad to hear this, Martin. There's another movie I really like him in, but I can never remember the name of it. I think it’s called Equilibrium. It was surprisingly good (despite his Keanu-esque tendencies).

I never saw that - I'd just gotten off the Matrix ride and this just seemed too similar - I might give it a chance, though, I've been hearing many good(ish) things about it.

Cheers

Pigeon said:
I think it’s called Equilibrium. It was surprisingly good (despite his Keanu-esque tendencies).
I liked the concept for this movie, but I thought it was badly done. Didn't really see why those who took the drugs should care about anything, but they do and that makes no sense to me.

Yeah, it was a good idea but it's like they didn't know what they wanted. Did they want it to be a thought provoking movie or an action fest? It's like they just ripped off Brave New World, 1984, and the Matrix and threw them all together without too much thought. It's an OK movie. It's a brave try.

I know I saw the first Matrix, and i think the third one (though wasn't my choice). I found them annoying and the acting was horrible (with the exception of Fishburne, of course). And yes, Equilibrium wasn't a great movie, but I liked it better than Matrix.

I liked the first Matrix. It was an amazing and great moive. The other 2 Matrix movies are a lesson in "knowing when to just STOP!"

Back