• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

i watched braveheart again last week. i was in need of a good cry, and threw myself a little pity party. there is likely a thread on it somewhere, but what did any of you scotsman think of it? just curious.

oooh brilliant, mais, can you do east coast canadian ds? it's tricky not all eastcoast canadians can do it.

Elementary, jenn...

Quebec in Braveheart observant en tout jupe ma dans pleuré j'ai.

Whew... I can see why not everyone from east coast can do it. I assume they read from right to left, as the sun rises and sets?

East canadian, but only barely, ds

cute but not quite.
more like, "i watched that there braveheart, and my gawd, that mel. geez. best kind. i says to meself, self, that was sumthing. cry?! i prett' near cried me eyes out, what with all the bawlin' and cryin' of freedom and the like. holy frig, i was hungry after though, coulda ate the north end outa south bound skunk."

Nah, I don't think Google Translate will get there anytime soon, Jenn. But it was worth a try. Best kind.

Btw what did I write up there?

:D :D

In a coordinated effort, I will contribute and bring this thread back with: I saw Phantom of the Opera - the film version by Joel Schumacher. I don't think the main actress sang the songs. Nobody beats Sarah Brightman for pure brilliance in vocal acrobatics, IMHO. Oh, and that chap Cliff Richard isn't bad too. :) Too bad neither were in the movie.

ds

alrighty. i just watched air force one(on tv i might add). mods shut me down if you will, but there is a scene where an air force pilot intercepts a missile headed for the presidents plane, and i thought to myself hmmm? i wonder if someone would do that for paul martin?

Nice one, Jenn. Now let's see you do eastcoast French Canadian. Here's my attempt:

"Je mont le Braveheart, et tabernac! Je pleure mes yeux so much que je driver mon char aller chez Tim Horton pour une grande double-double."

Kookamoor said:
Nice one, Jenn. Now let's see you do eastcoast French Canadian. Here's my attempt:

"Je mont le Braveheart, et tabernac! Je pleure mes yeux so much que je driver mon char aller chez Tim Horton pour une grande double-double."

ban oui. you are acadian at heart kook.

@jenem, same. i thought was is this load of.....soooooooo boring. the entire movie was a vehicle for the jon/uma kiss. stupid.

@ simonj, i watched that the other day too. it is one of my favourite movies and favourite stephen king shorts.i fell madly in love with river because of that film.

@ bobby, predictable.

I saw the movie Mongoland yesterday, it's a norwegian movie and I'm not really going to bother explaining it to you since you probably haven't seen it and you probably wont. I loved the movie because most of it is in black and white, it's confusing, romantic (in a weird way), funny and my favourite actor, Kristoffer Joner plays in it (norwegian skinny weirdo and genius).

direstraits said:
Well, did you watch it dubbed, subbed or can you understand Hindi? Or have you been receiving lessons from sanyuja?
I don't know Hindi, though I did pick up a few words in the few movies I've seen. I only ever watch originals or subbed movies... Dubbing drives me crazy.

Umbrella said:
I saw the movie Mongoland yesterday, it's a norwegian movie and I'm not really going to bother explaining it to you since you probably haven't seen it and you probably wont.
I think in this case the easiest would be to just link to the movie in question.

I watched Dayereh and The Rocky Horror Picture Show today. (The first subbed in French, the second in English. ;) )

Back