• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

ruby said:
Last film i watched was boogyman what a load of rubbish,has anyone seen any good horrors worth watching if so please let me know! :)

Very unimpressive, I agree. :( :( Try "Saw." That one will leave you in a corner of the room in the fetal position. :eek:

SFG75 said:
Very unimpressive, I agree. :( :( Try "Saw." That one will leave you in a corner of the room in the fetal position. :eek:
saw blew my mind,what an ending! did you see it coming at all?

I just got back from seeing Madagascar at the cinema. I liked it, it was funny. I especially loved the lemurs and their dancing. :p

just got back from seeing Madagascar at the cinema. I liked it, it was funny. I especially loved the lemurs and their dancing.

Yes the lemurs & penguins were my favorite animals in the movie.

I just watched Love Actually, it was sweet and the little boy and girl made me a bit teary eyed.

The last movie I saw was Buffalo 66, which I have seen before. I love that movie so much! And I also have a crush on Christina Ricci, especially in that particular role.

i saw the third star wars today. it has already been hashed out by everyone so here are just my few observations. excellent trailers!!! saw the lion, the witch and the wardrobe trailer, and i got a litte weepy.
ok. so martin and wabbit in an earlier review make fun of the dialogue, especially the more romantic stuff. i thought maybe they were just being cynical, HOWEVER this is a love that is supposed to be so great that she
dies of a broken heart
. i had a hard time believing they'd met, let alone were in love.
i laughed at younglins. i think it was supposed to be horrific, but the word children would have had more impact.
the final scene with anakin was definitly more gruesome than i'd expected.
i think they could have cut out oh, 30 take off and landing scenes, and put in oh, more character development, but i understand that lucas had to sacrifice content and dialogue so that we could have yet another cool graphic.*yawn*

and i am certain that in 4, 5 or 6, i think 6 leia says
that she remembers her mother a little and that she was beautiful but sad. interesting that, considering that she dies

and i am sorry. I AM SORRY but there is no way that she was pregnant with twins. they were either the biggest premies i have ever scene, or in space you only look 5 months pregnant but can carry full term 8 lb each twins. that was the best special effect of the whole film.

The last movie that I watched was Napoleon Dynamite at home. It was extremely funny.. I was laughing all the time.

The last movie that I saw at the theatres was War of the Worlds (this only came out here a couple of weeks ago). Not that great - the sfx were really good and the tripods looked great, but I thought that they rushed the ending and left you sitting there just thinking, 'What?'.

I just watched Velvet Goldmine and I'm still undecided on if I liked it or not. I will think about it awhile I guess :)

Ok, I have to update my "Last seen" to Ladder 49. I loved it. It moved me to tears and made me realize how important our fireman (and their families) really are.

This movie is worth watching. It's just about love, life, family and honor.

It should be on everyone's must see list. (God, I sound like a film Critic) :rolleyes:

I just watched The Opposite of Sex, it wasn't bad, had some funny parts and Christina Ricci, she reminded me a bit of my sister in this movie, she was completely evil but you just couldn't quite hate her.

Just watched the Gus Van Sant version of Psycho. It's not that bad but I still don't see the point in a remake being almost identical to the original. The worst thing about it was Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates. He just didn't have that same edge has Anthony Perkins had. I would say he should stick to comedy but he's not that funny either.

jenngorham said:
and i am sorry. I AM SORRY but there is no way that she was pregnant with twins. they were either the biggest premies i have ever scene, or in space you only look 5 months pregnant but can carry full term 8 lb each twins. that was the best special effect of the whole film.
Well, here's a view that Star Wars fans will never be able to figure out on their own. Nothing like a mother's perspective to bring a film down to bear. And here I thought I've heard every bit of complaint and errors on the film... :)

I think I will always remember that last sentence of yours everytime I watch Star Wars, jenn...

ds

I watched Summer of Sam last night. I was sure i'd seen it before but I hadn't. Thought that it was pretty good although it did take some perseverance to get through as it's a bit slow and I was tired. Adrien Brody once again showed that he is a great actor (although he made this before his Oscar winning performance in The Pianist).

All in all it was good to see a serial killer film which came at the story from a different angle. By that I mean it didn't concentrate on the killer or the cop who was after him but rather on how it affected a community.

Last film I saw was Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind which I rented on DVD the other night. I'd been meaning to get round to seeing it for a while.

Anyway, odd as it was, I really liked it. I though Kate Winslet & Jim Carrey were fantastic in it, and I thought the whole thing was heartwarming. I think everyone's had the thought "I wish I'd never met him/her/them/it" but when you get right down to it there are memories you have of them, with them, that you would never, ever do away with.

*sigh*

Eternal Sunshine is a great film Anahorish. Kate looks great in it (it's the dyed hair, gets me every time).

Anyway I had the misfortune to see Van Wilder Party Liasion last night. I was too tired to turn it over. I think I sniggered once and that was when `the fat guy' shouted he was okay after he fell from the rope outside the courtroom.

I'll probably watch Hearts in Atlantis tonight but I may visit Blockbusters.

Back