• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

i have a list of the top ten things that i want. it is now up to eleven. i want the 3 hours i spent watching alexander back, i have a pap test i'd prefer to schedule in that time.

PAINFUL.

jenngorham said:
i have a list of the top ten things that i want. it is now up to eleven. i want the 3 hours i spent watching alexander back, i have a pap test i'd prefer to schedule in that time.

PAINFUL.

You should have known it was bad. Didn't the previews tip you off?

raffaellabella said:
An excellent quality. There should be more you. :)

thank you.

i guess i go into a film with the expectation of liking something. i thought troy was a miserable movie. brad pitt was laughable and i wanted to kill orlando bloom. however i thought eric bana was great and had the movie focused more on hector and not achilles, then it would have been so much more interesting.

but nothing in this movie appealled to me. all the different accents. was angelina from transylvania? did they just round up braveheart extra's? the scenery, meh. i thought if i have to look at colin firth's hopeless face one more time. you could have cut half that film and had something passable.

brrr i keep having flashbacks.

jenngorham said:
but nothing in this movie appealled to me. all the different accents. was angelina from transylvania? did they just round up braveheart extra's? the scenery, meh. i thought if i have to look at colin firth's hopeless face one more time. you could have cut half that film and had something passable.

brrr i keep having flashbacks.

I wouldn't have minded looking at Colin Firths face, hee hee. I just found myself transfixed by Colin Farrells' bad hair job, it was the only entertaining thing in the whole film. Do admit though, Angelina was gorgeous.

oh she was stunning, when is she not? but the accent... and colin's hair, my god you are right francesca!! thank you, you have found the one positive thing in the movie!! :D :D

jenngorham said:
oh she was stunning, when is she not? but the accent... and colin's hair, my god you are right francesca!! thank you, you have found the one positive thing in the movie!! :D :D

Like you Jenn, I'm the eternal optimist...why last night I even watched The Bodyguard for the first time ( having no pap test scheduled, what's a girl to do?)

LOL. oh gosh. funny.

well and what did you think? i didn't mind it. it wasn't a good movie. it's like reading people magazine in between books.

jenngorham said:
LOL. oh gosh. funny.

well and what did you think? i didn't mind it. it wasn't a good movie. it's like reading people magazine in between books.

I enjoyed it in a people-mag-between-books way, yes. I just couldn't help wondering why there were so many white people surrounding Rachel, and why the music was so white, you know? Best bit- Kevins Mouth- love it.

Bit of IMDB trivia, apparently it was originally written for Steve McQueen and Diana Ross...which explains Kev's hair-homage.

that is interesting. i wonder if it would've been a better movie. i read that madonna wanted that role, but after the way she treated kevin and his wife during her truth or dare movie, he said that he wanted someone with a bit more class, and so it went to whit. interesting how things turned out down the road. madge is now the more classy of the two.

jenngorham said:
that is interesting. i wonder if it would've been a better movie. i read that madonna wanted that role, but after the way she treated kevin and his wife during her truth or dare movie, he said that he wanted someone with a bit more class, and so it went to whit. interesting how things turned out down the road. madge is now the more classy of the two.

It's so sad to see what a mess Whitney got herself into ( and still can't seem to get out of). I blame her skanky husband.And yep, Madge kept her head when all around her.....I prefer Whitney as a singer though, and she was stunning in the Bodyguard.

I just saw Mansfield Park and loved it. I thought it was well acted, scripted, edited, etc., etc. and Jonny Lee Miller is always a pleasure to look at. ;)

raffaellabella said:
Jonny Lee Miller is always a pleasure to look at. ;)

Yes, he is. ;)

The last movie I saw was Kung Fu Hustle. I really liked it. There was a good balance between action, comedy, and drama. The action sequences were directed by the same guy who directed the action sequences in the matrix.

On the weekend I went and saw Wedding Crashers at the movies. I thought it was pretty funny - usually movies starring two major comedic actors take a huge dive, so I was pleasantly surprised :D

MonkeyCatcher

MonkeyCatcher said:
On the weekend I went and saw Wedding Crashers at the movies. I thought it was pretty funny - usually movies starring two major comedic actors take a huge dive, so I was pleasantly surprised :D

MonkeyCatcher

Yeah, I thought it was funny too. Vince Vaughn is hysterical with the way he talks fast and his quick remarks.

Just wanted to warn you all to look out for and avoid the ghastly thing I saw on Tv last night, imaginatively titled in Italian--Lost in the Storm. It stars the incredible teeth of William Devane and a very much older than I last saw her Patty Duke...Basically small family plane crashes in snowy mountains, sulky Avril Levigne type left-behind daughter helps find them. They were all a pathetic bunch of whingers who would have been the first to be eaten in Alive...crapola.

I took my son to see March of the Penguins today and I know how y'all feel about penguins but I gotta say I really liked it. They aren't only really cute but they're tough little birds, the movie was a documentary about Emperor penguins and their 9 month winter mating cycle, it was very good and my son loved it.

Back