• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Libra6Poe said:
Ooh... I loved Memento! Did you watch it on DVD? If so, did you do that thing afterwards so you can watch it in order?
I did watch it on DVD, but I didn't have the time to look at any extras (I finished watching it at 1 am and was extremely tired). I forgot about looking at extras, to be honest. Thanks for the reminder :)

No prob! ;) Totally understandable too... I heard it was a little tricky to get it to work though (to see it in order)... You can get instructions off of IMDb.com (I think here ). Anyway, hope you enjoy it. :p

I watched The Ring 2 Last night!

So much for a horror film!

I wasnt scared at all and i didnt enjoy it!

This film festival is driving me crazy. Too many movies, dammit! I saw Ta'm e guilass, 37 og et halvt, Naboer, En sånn mann, Hauru no ugoku shiro, Kongekabale, Shijie, Lost Children and Žralok v hlavě this weekend.

cinema: one missed call - I'm deeply in love with Japan and all things Japanese so I really enjoyed this movie. However, the last scene didn't make any sense.

home: melinda & melinda - I know the reviews weren't good but I really liked it. I could have done without Will Ferrell but c'est la vie!

The last movie i saw was four brothers, i expected it to be a good action movie with a few twists but it was utterly dire :(. Markie Mark was just being Ice-T!

I watched last night

The League Of Gentlemens movie
Apocalypse!

It was just as sureal as there tv series!
I carnt move for laughing!
Really funny!:D

I never saw the tv series but watched the movie and i thought it was hilarious but most reviews slated it. I watched Serenity earlier and while i have not seen the tv series firefly i thought the movie was excellent and refreshing on the whole sci fi movies being brought out over the last few years. I'm usually bored by fight/battle scenes but i found them to be in the movie wonderfully staged and continously interesting rather than :O for 20 seconds and then having to endure 3mins(matrix anyhow!). I became engrossed in the movie and i want rivers children

Last week
DVD: Kung Fu Hustle: expected more dancing
Theatre: MirrorMask: Effing Excellent! Will post about this later in this thread.

This weekend
DVD: Godsend: From the previews, it reminded me of this Outer Limits episode... but it was a little different. And incredibly predictable.
DVD: Closer:
"Adult love story" my ass... there was no evidence of love in this movie. Ugh. Otherwise, it was very erotic... loved the language ;) And was pleasantly surprised how hot it was considering there was no nudity. Great movie that will not leave you feeling warm and fuzzy.

Vinterkyss, Zero Degrees of Separation, Spiele Leben, Dare mo shiranai, Mooladé, Strings, Born into Brothels, The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse, Tarnation, Midnight Movies, Eraserhead, Lakposhtha hâm parvaz mikonand and Africa United. And now the festival's finally over! Damn. Almost 30 movies in 11 days. I'm tired.

Saw The Brothers Grimm Sunday night. I loved Terry Gilliam's vision but the acting was sometimes painful to watch. Particulary Matt Damon, who has the emotional range of an overcooked carrot.

I went to see Serenity at the cinema last week and it was everything I was hoping it would be. If you've ever seen Firefly you will love it and if you haven't well you'll still love it. Great cast, script and story = great film.

At home I saw Hudson Hawk for the first time today. It's not that bad. It's not great but it was hardly taking itself seriously either.

Last night I saw The Life of David Gale with the brilliant Kevin Spacey!
David Gale is accused of murdering a good friend and is sent to death row. Bitsey Bloom (Kate Winslet) is the reporter who investigates this case and has 3 days to find out whether DG is innocent or not!
Heart-stopping end! :D I loved it!

Re-saw also Pay it Forward another masterpiece of Kevin Spacey!

Ooh, some of The Life of David Gale was filmed at my university (here in Austin)... but I've yet to watch it. I'll have to check it out.

DVD: Far From Heaven
Saw it for the 2nd time... it's absolutely beautiful, the cinematography is just amazing. The ending
made me cry again... so sad. But it was a great ending. Any other ending wouldn't have felt real.

Serenity and Mirror Mask are both movies that I really want to see. I think i'm going to be seeing Serenity on Saturday.

Recently watched lots.

Steamboy: Good, but not brilliant. How can you really follow up from Akira? One of the greatest movies made in animation or film.

Kaena
: French computer animated SF movie. Wonderful stuff! This was a re-watch and I will certainly watch it again.

Grudge 2 ( jujon )
: Japanese horror movie. This one scared the shit out of me! :eek: Good, and scary, stuff!

Lord of the rings ( all of them )
: Last Saturday watched all three movies back to back! :D

Team America: I started laughing and didn't stop! Nice to see somebody still knows what satire is.

Back