• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

blood simple. I loved it. it's corrupt and innocent, which makes it a quintessentially camp film. m. emmet walsh's character was so exaggerated you could laugh, but it was like a nightmare. I'm curious if the coen brothers were being serious.

We recently rented "The Great Escape" starring Steve McQueen and James Garner among many others. We thoroughly enjoyed the movie. My 13 year old grandaughter also watched it and she thought it was very good and she really liked McQueen. She also could not believe how young James Garner looked. :)

muggle said:
We recently rented "The Great Escape" starring Steve McQueen and James Garner among many others. We thoroughly enjoyed the movie. My 13 year old grandaughter also watched it and she thought it was very good and she really liked McQueen. She also could not believe how young James Garner looked. :)

The Great Escape is an excellent film. McQueens "Cooler King" is one of the coolest characters ever on celluloid. Even though a lot of them don't make it it's still such a feel good film as well. Strange really.

Crystal said:
To put it simply, it meant that you are a special girl/lady. To elaborate it? heck, it requires another an hour to get down to the details. It was meant to be good, anyway. :)

As long as it's good... ;)

I watched Desmundo (meh) and am waiting for Lad de små børn to begin.

I'm really gonna miss movies when I move.

I rented The Forgotten starring Julianne Moore last night, as everything else apart from the entire back catalogue of Steven Segal films was out.

It was entirely forgettable but there were 3 moments in the film when I jumped out of my skin, really impressive sfx - just a pity there weren't more of them.

I was not that impressed with the film. Apart fromt he SFX is plays like a low budget made for tv movie. It's OK, but nothing great. It did have a couple of good moments in it though.

francesca said:
It was entirely forgettable but there were 3 moments in the film when I jumped out of my skin, really impressive sfx - just a pity there weren't more of them.

I don't think it was meant to be a traditional Sci-Fi film. It was a story about a mother's love for her child. The aliens and abductions were just the setting for the film and were basically secondary.

Which brings to mind Solaris, another film where there isn't much "sci-fi" action but I feel was an EXCELLENT film. One of my favorites.

Yesterday i watched Twelve Monkeys by Terry Gilliam.
One of my absolute favorites. It's an amazing picture. Bruce Willis gives one of his best performances, so does Brad Pitt. Gilliams direction is superb as always and it has a tight Screenplay, though it wasn't written by Gilliam himself (Janet and David Peoples wrote it), which is actually rather unusual for Gilliam.
The movie has an extremely important message, is very entertaining, but it's not an easy movie. It definitely challenges the viewer!
Definitely among my top 20 movies! My Rating: 10/10

Last night, I watched Downfall.

Films like this, Saving Private Ryan, Schindlers List and even Enemy at the Gates just amaze me how well the production value is. The sets are just fantastically done, it takes your breath away just thinking about it. Bruno Ganz was amazing with his brutal yet humane portrayal of Hitler. After Hitler's suicide, I felt the film tended to drag itself out, but I was rewarded with a terrific ending with the invasion of the Red Army and a description of the others outcomes. This deserves every praise it has gotten, and maybe even a bit more.

Last night i watched Hotel Rwanda,i was so moved by this film,so heartbreaking! cryed for ages after it had finished!

Went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate factory today and it was FANTASTIC! Tim Burton just the right person for this movie! Genius! Typical Burton, it was dark, twisted, surreal, and funny! In fact it was a very funny movie. I haven't laughed at a movie so much in ages. Depp is awesome ( as ever ). He really is on of my favourite actors. He brings the weird and wonderful character of Wonker alive! I just couldn't imagine anybody else in the world being able to pull it off! Highly recommended!

Saw "Kal Ho Naa Ho" today. The Indians in the room thought it incredibly entertaining, which it probably was too.

Wabbit said:
Typical Burton, it was dark, twisted, surreal, and funny! In fact it was a very funny movie.

The Corpse Bride is due out soon. It's another Tim Burton film and I am soooooo looking forward to seeing it.

raffaellabella said:
The Corpse Bride is due out soon. It's another Tim Burton film and I am soooooo looking forward to seeing it.
Me too.

I watched The Contender the other day. It was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary. I'd really like to watch a great movie again... It would make a nice change.

I watched the Green Mile last night, boring but good story. I think it’s a bit parallelism of Jesus’ life. You know like bringing back the dead (only in this movie it’s a dead mouse that was brought back to life), curing the sick and sacrificing his life for the good, etc. That’s how I understood it.

Watched the 2001 version of Attila last night on TV, very entertaining 4 hours worth. Lots of grubby grimacing men with long hair ( attila's crew) fighting lots of clean smirking men in skirts ( roman crew). The message board on IMDB is a scream as well.

Not as good as Last Tango in Paris though Bobby, I will admit.

Back