• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Quills ~ It's something I was planning on watching years ago, but never got around to. I think I can appreciate it more now that I'm supposedly more mature anyway, hehe! I really liked it though.

Me and my boyfriend saw Iceage 2 - The Meltdown on the movies on Saturday. The film was quiet good, but not as good as the first one. Love the caracter Sid.

Baddie said:
Me and my boyfriend saw Iceage 2 - The Meltdown on the movies on Saturday. The film was quiet good, but not as good as the first one. Love the caracter Sid.

Sid is one of my favorite cartoon characters:)

Fantasy Moon said:
Quills ~ It's something I was planning on watching years ago, but never got around to. I think I can appreciate it more now that I'm supposedly more mature anyway, hehe! I really liked it though.

That is one of my favorite films.

Silent Hill - The movie tried so hard to create a sinister atmosphere from the beginning which was never achieved due mainly to mediocre acting and script. It plodded along without any coherence as if three sections were just edited together post production. A 2 hour running time sure didn't help my opinion of it and near the end I was looking at my watch every 5 minutes.

The last film I saw was the one and only . . . Moulin Rouge!

Me and a friend are planning on watching The Constant Gardener on DVD tomorrow :cool:

theoptimist said:
The last film I saw was the one and only . . . Moulin Rouge!

Me and a friend are planning on watching The Constant Gardener on DVD tomorrow :cool:
I love moulin rouge. the last movie i saw was doom, really a bad movie but kept me mesmerized somehow.

Thank You for Smoking -- The film is a satire that is both written and acted well, and doesn't take sides on the subject of tobacco and lobbying in general. A definite "must see" film!

Libra6Poe said:
30 min. ago My boyfriend and I just finished watching Mulholland Dr. :eek:
9 out of 10. It was amazing. (Yes yes, it was my first time seeing it - I'm lame for having waited 5 years...:p )
And the great thing is it gets even better with every viewing... possibly my favourite movie ever.

Maybe watching TV series on DVD has impaired my attention span, but I've lately taken to watching full-length movies (the ones I own) in two or three sittings... :rolleyes: Right now I'm in the middle of two favourites: The Fellowship of the ring and the timeless classic Those magnificent men in their flying machines :D (The latter I know by heart - aren't those the best ones?! ;) )

*mrkgnao*

beer good said:
And the great thing is it gets even better with every viewing... possibly my favourite movie ever.
I bet! I'm glad I have the DVD right now, I'll check it out a few more times soon. I read the Lynch advice on the dvd booklet... :sigh: It was such a great film...

OK, last night I saw War of the Worlds, the new version, and although I thought it was OK I have two questions:

1) How come, if all electronic equipment was wiped out when the aliens arrived, there was a guy videofilming during the first attack?

2) How come Tom could actually Cruise (sorry, couldn't stop myself) unhindered along the highway? Why had everyone pulled over? Didn't the car just die like everything else or are we to believe everyone pulled over to watch the storm? IMO aliens are less of a stretch than an open highway.

sure..... couldn't sleep

Animal House - It was hilarious over all but i expected more from it mainly because it's such a pop culture reference point in different shows today. ROOOBOOOOOOT HOUUUUUSE!

American Dreamz - It was toooooooooo long, if it's going to be satire concerning America and pop idol sort of shows make it snappy. It took a full hour to for anything to really happen. There were scenes that dragged out forever and it was just pretty unfunny especially the whole bushes being dumb talk about a bad joke being overused. My tolerance for crap is decreasing which is sad cos all I watch is crap :(

Back