• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

venusunfolding said:
It's crap horror movies at their best!

Crap horror is the best horror. I like old b&w horror films, and Hammer Horror films. Some of the newer films that don't take themselves too seriously are quite enjoyable. Serious horror though, just leaves me cold on the whole.

Berlinale

I am going to see "Prime" today with Uma Thurman. Hope it'll be OK.

But besides, the best place to watch REALLY cool movies is Berlinale (every February, in Berlin).

Most unexpected and great movies, by known and not-so-known authors all over the world, are to be seen there! And the coolest part is to stay in a queue, to pray that there will be a ticket left for you, and to chat with other people like yourself in a queue. My boyfriend was sitting behind Robbie Williams in one of the movies two years ago, also in Berlinale!

The Fog of War – Wonderful one of the best if not the best documentary I’ve ever watched. The cut away to imagery relating to one of McNamara’s eleven rules worked wonderfully especially the firebombing of Tokyo. A great insight into for right or wrong an incredible man which never shied from showing his faults especially ending on his refusal to answer questions on Vietnam.

CDA said:
Crap horror is the best horror. I like old b&w horror films, and Hammer Horror films. Some of the newer films that don't take themselves too seriously are quite enjoyable. Serious horror though, just leaves me cold on the whole.

Yeah, old ones are great. B movies are great for the same reasons! I do like "serious" horror though as long as it's well down and not a re-hash of standard ideas. I can't stand the "teens gets chased by a maniac/monster/alien/undead and they all die until the last one(s) left alive at the end of the movie kill it off"

Last movie I watched was Return of the King. The trilogy rocks my hamster.

The Pink Panther -- Terrible (Kids made me take them)
Brokeback Mountain -- Fabulous movie
Wedding Crashers-- Funny as all heck

I saw this movie called Love & Sex on IFC. Famke Jannsen played this magazine writer who recalls the various boyfriends she's had and realizes that one of them was the right one for her. It was a pretty funny movie with some great acting.

The Cave. About a group of scientists exploring some underwater cave, and they stumble on some wierd life form. :rolleyes: Yawn. :rolleyes: Skip it. :rolleyes:

Waiting. I was expecting this movie to be dumb, but to my surprise it was really funny. I'd probably watch it again, although I don't know how well it would hold up after subsequent viewings.

I just saw, again, A Night at the Roxbury, and it was ever as bit as funny as the first time I saw it and I'm looking forward to the next time again:D :D :D

Gus Van Sant's Last Days. A film loosely based on Kurt Cobain's final days, although it really consisted of unlikable characters walking and talking. The movie had potential to be great, but ended up turning into a mess.

Firewall. Oh, the agony. One of those films where the heroic corporate guy's enormous house and 20-years-younger wife and way-too-young-for-him kids (including one moppet who, I'm sorry, is just the most revolting alien spawn ever on screen) makes you start rooting for the bad guys to start shooting. Don't miss the thrilling computer scenes, or the World's Greatest Boss making his assistant drive him through a downpour chasing heavily armed criminals, then strands her in the wilderness with his dog and a cell phone.

Flightplan - Someone needs to get the word to the director and co. that the primary criteria of a thriller is for it to be thrilling. Yet another interesting premise dies at the hands of the Hollywood machine.

Watched Mean Creek the other night i thought it was really good but the ending spoiled it as i felt there could have been more to it and you never found out what happened to the kids. But the acting from such young people was really good :)

Back