• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Frailty (Bill Paxton & Matthew McConaughey). Saw it at 4 in the morning on the SciFi channel. It was pretty interesting. It would've been nice to have seen it unedited though. Not bad. :shrug:

Just watched "Down In The Valley". And it floored me. Great performances by Edward Norton, David Morse and Evan Rachel Wood, and a slowly paced story that could do for the cowboy myth what "Taxi Driver" did for the knight-in-shining-armour myth... The kind of movie that sets up a simple story we've seen a million times before, and then slowly but surely twists it around until there are no heroes left at all. And not even a white hat, a white horse and a six-shooter can be trusted anymore. Brilliant.

The Crow: Wicked Prayer
What...the...f... what an awful movie. I can't think of anything worse right now. I feel embarassed having watched the whole thing (I've never been very good at walking out on films)... How embarassing for the actors as well. ::shudders:: why did they do this? Poor script, poor acting. Ugh.

The New World; Painfully slow and quiet, but I enjoyed it. Good message in the narrative.

Rumour Has it; Dumb and funny. Shirley McLaine was a hysterical old bag. crude and vulger. Gotta love her.

Romeo Must Die - We've had the DVD for awhile. Finally got to watch it. It was okay. Entertaining. It was nice to see Aaliyah.

Libra6Poe: Romeo Must Die

I remember watching that, thinking (or rather hoping) that it would be something different. As you said it was an 'okay' movie.

I finally watched Deliverance last night with Jon Voight and Burt Reynolds and wow. I had goosebumps all the way through. The tension was scarier than in any all out horror film.

Gem said:
I remember watching that, thinking (or rather hoping) that it would be something different.
Right on, that's what I was doing...

Last night (or rather between 2:30am - 5am) I saw The Scarlet Letter (1995) on TNT(?)... it was absolutely horrible, as was Demi's acting. But... but... but... Gary Oldman is soooo sexy! :swoons: :sighs: mmm....:p That is all.

Queen of the Damned

Queen of the Damned

Ugh, why have I only been watching crap movies? I really like Aaliyah, she's talented and absolutely beautiful... but my goodness. Ugh. The acting was horrible as well as the script. It was silly and embarassing. No wonder I didn't watch it right away. Stewart Townsend's come a long way from this terrible film.
I don't even want to talk about Jonathan Davis' (KoRn) voice for Lestat's singing... bleh.

Aside from Aaliyah, there wasn't nothing sexy or mysterious or beautiful about this movie.

I rate this movie well below a 5 out of 10. But it isn't as bad as The Crow: Wicked Prayer (which I saw earlier this month).

Nanny McPhee was the last movie I saw that I remember. I loved it, my whole family loved it. They watched it at least 5 times, including extras before we took it back. Emma Thompson was brilliant.

I saw Constantine the other day. Bleeeecch. I know Keanu can't act, but he was particularly bad in this one. Maybe I just wasn't getting it, but I struggled to watch the whole thing.

Libra6poe:Gary Oldman is soooo sexy! :swoons: :sighs: mmm.... That is all.

I admit to buying the dvd of the shambles that was Dracula, just because Gary Oldman looked yummy in it.

I watched Lady Vengeance yesterday, completely not what i was expecting. Interesting film, although i think I preferred OldBoy.

EDIT: Oh, and Abecedarian, I had to literally force my nephews to watch Nanny Mcphee, but they ended up really enjoying it.

I recently saw The DaVinci Code *barfs*

It was an ok book, but the movie blew chunks.

I rewatched Monsters Inc. last night and laughed really hard. I love how they did that little girl. "Mike Wizowski!":D

Finally got around to watching "Fearless Freaks", a documentary on The Flaming Lips - one of the best bands around right now. And the movie is highly recommended to fans and just casual interestees alike; it's rare to see a "rockumentary" that really gets this close and personal without just being focused on scandals of sex and drugs. Of course since it's the Flaming Lips, there's quite a bit of the latter, but not treated in a scandalous way; there is one scene of the drummer, a long-time heroin addict, getting ready to shoot up which is as far from "Kids, don't do drugs" as possible yet is scary in its mundanity.

I wouldn't have complained if there had been a bit more actual music and a bit less interviews with Wayne Coyne's brothers (and it should have included their performance on Beverly Hills 90210) but overall it's a very down-to-earth portrait of a band who perhaps are a little crazy, perhaps have taken a few too many substances, but are basically really nice guys. And make some truly unique music.

High Tension. A horror movie about a college-age woman who goes to visit her friend's family, only to discover there's a vicious killer nearby. The twist to this movie was weak:
the main character happens to be the actual killer, imagining someone else doing the actual deed
. Despite that, it was creepy and suspenseful. Gory too, so if you can't stand some carnage in your horror films... maybe you should watch something else.

Seven Swords - I couldn't get the subtitles to work, but watched it anyway. No idea what was going on - I think a village was being saved from some dodgy bad guys by seven,sword using heroes. I could be wrong. I was able to differentiate the bad guys (punk hair, scary tattoos) from the good guys (long flowy hair, and um pretty swords) though.:D

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. It was a decent film, but nowhere near as good as the first. Not surprisingly.

Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. It was a decent film, but nowhere near as good as the first. Not surprisingly.

I saw it yesterday, and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first. The running time could have been shortened a bit, but that's a minor complaint.

Back