• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Theater:
Drag Me to Hell - :star4:.5
So pleased. But wish it was R-rated and didn't have Justin Long. I love Allison Lohman (because of White Oleander) - she was damn cute and funny. It was over the top, more like Army of Darkness than Evil Dead. It was fun, funny, and gross. Glad to see Raimi doing this. None of that Spider-Man bullsh*t.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - :star4:.5
Just loved it. I was so happy to see this and I enjoyed every minute of it. I will definitely be getting this on Blu-Ray. Hugh Jackman is super sexy in this.
I know, it probably wasn't as good as I think it is, my boyfriend didn't seem as psyched about it as I was (he did enjoy it very much though)... but I was so psyched.

TV:
Ally McBeal
- Season 1, 2, 3 :star5:
My boyfriend got me the complete series for graduation. I was so in love with this show when I was 14 to 19. Glad to be rewatching it.

DVD:
X-Men (1992 animated series)
:star3:.5
It pales in comparison to Batman: The Animated Series (1992). But maybe it's just because Batman makes a better story than a group of mutants. There seems to be more depth to Batman than the X-Men.
But I loved this series so much when I was 10. I'm happy that I have them and there are some really great episodes. It's just that not much seems to happen in an episode.

I finished reading The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides and caught the movie on TV. They did a respectible job following the book, but it's missing far too much of the narritive that made the book interesting.

:star2:

Les rivières pourpres (The Crimson Rivers) :star5:

I have been waiting to see this movie since it came out, 8 years ago...
I wasn't disappointed, it was a great movie and a great story that constantly reminded me of The Name of the Rose. Very good. I highly recomend it.

Now I'm going to see the sequel. I hope is as good as this one.

[IUp[/I]; for a pixar film it was very good. It made me a little weepy ^_^

Taken; booooring... I was very disappointed because I heard it was going to be one of those really good thrillers, but he just runs around beating and killing random people.

Red Shoe Diaries (the film)
It was... interesting. It was my first time watching it too. I've only seen one episode of the series in the past. It wasn't terribly sexy and there was a lot of cheesiness. But it's definitely Zalman King. I liked it. David Duchovny is super hot.

Caprica. :star4: Not what I expected at all and more intriguing and suspenseful than I was expecting. If the series is on par with the movie, it's going to be nothing short of spectacular.

Back