• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

raffaellabella said:
The Machinist. Excellent thriller except looking at an amaciated Christian Bale was hard at first but it was so essential to the film.

I loved this! I thought Bale was fantastic and deathly thin, which just added to the story.

Last seen: Flightplan, which I thought was ok, but have heard many negative reviews.

Les Invasions Barbares on DVD. I suck at reviewing films (or books for that matter) so all I can tell you is that this movie made me cry my eyes out but it also made me laugh until my stomach hurt. And I absolutely loved the accent, très charmant!!!

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Wow! Probably one of the best films I have ever seen. Those 2 Palmes d'Or this one got at Cannes were definitely well deserved. I loved everything about this movie, the actors are just amazing and Tommy Lee Jones does such a brilliant job you'd think he's been directing his whole life. And the story! I was speechless when the movie ended.

Amelie

This isn't the MOST recent movie I have seen, but the most recent note-worthy movie. There was a re-release of the movie at my local cinema so I had to go watch!

For those unfortunate few who have not seen this: Go, Now!

It was amazing watching the scene where she talks about how she likes to sit in a movie and look back at the peoples faces,... I did and the whole audience were sitting there with silly grins on!

It is such a heart-warmingly, happy, tragically, sad movie!

Just came back from seeing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (finally). I liked it but a couple of things left me just a bit :confused: . I don't know, I guess that's what happens when you've read the books (several times) and sort of expect things to happen and then feel disappointed when they don't... I'll see it again soon and will try to not think about what should happen next!

I just finished the whole Band of Brothers series. The true story behind it is amazing. I've gained a lot of respect for those soldiers. A LOT.

Plus, Ron Livingston is way cute. :p
Your face at this moment::rolleyes:

Last night I watched The Jacket, which was weird, good weird, but not as good weird as The Butterfly Effect. I also watched 21 Grams, which was very weird.

I just watched the documentary "One Day In September", figuring on going to see "Munich" soon, and boy, did Germany get hammered in that film. Good film, very passionate. The most recent thing I've seen is "Serenity," the film sequel to the doomed Joss Whedon scifi TV series from a couple years ago. I loved the series on DVD, and while it translates pretty well to film, it was really better as a series. The last film I saw in the theatre was Brokeback Mt, which soured me on filmgoing for the next month. I really, really couldn't stand that movie.

^One Day in September is such a good documentary. Very moving.

Last flick I saw was Mean Girls. Hilarious and bitchy - very funny movie. :D

Match Point - The script was atrocious from the dialogue to the attempts at tension which lacked any genuine force. Jonathan's acting was dire, I don’t want to compare him to Keanu but lordy be it his inability to act or a bad script, emote boy emote!. I did’t feel as if he had enough invested in his life to justify his actions. It also just felt so unrealistic in everyway from dialogue to the class setting as partial backdrop and the interaction of Myers and everyone else. Woody misfired in everyway, terrible acting for most of the cast except for Cox’s who I do love <3. I found it a tedious, annoying movie and yet again people laud it as a return to form(what was Melinda and Melinda meant to be?) someone needs to put a bullet in the back of his stupid kike head.

Theatre: Hostel - I liked it. I did. But I must admit that it was really hyped up for me, and I expected a lot more. I expected/wanted more gore & violence. But it was still really good & pretty funny (also contains lots of T&A). I hope for a director's cut DVD. I think I prefer Cabin Fever over this.

DVD: I saw Without a Paddle. It made me laugh. Not brilliant of course. Why does Seth Green always seem to play some geeky character that wants sex, but has no luck in doing so?

I watched The Chronicles of Narnia for the second time in theatres. The first time was with my friends, the second time was with my visiting cousins from India, who wanted to see a version without subtitles obscuring half the screen.

On DVD, I watched The Day After Tomorrow for about the eighth time with my brother and the neighbor kid. We laughed over how ridiculous and implausible the blizzard theories were.

Dracula with Frank Langella. Definitely the hottest Dracula of all time! I kept sliding off the couch while watching it.;) First saw it when I was a teen; second time around was much better.

I watched Hotel Rwanda yesterday, and absolutely loved it! It's such a powerful and gripping movie - it has definately made its way into my favourite of all time list.

However, I also had the misfortune of watching Mr and Mrs Smith today. What a mind-numbingly god-awful movie!! I was bored throughout the entire thing, and it was so incredibly predictable! Take my advice - never, ever waste your time watching this garbage. Probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

Japanese Story, starring Toni Collette. Gorgeous Australian Outback scenery, nuanced acting, and a plot I feared was recycled but was pleasantly surprised and touched.

Ooh, Angela's Ashes is brilliant!

I saw Lolita (the Irons version) the other night, which was fantastic, and last night I watched Bad Santa (which wasn't) and Adaptation, which was very strange. Oh yeah, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at university today, which was a fantastic way to spend a two-hour lecture (even if it did go over)

I last watched the video "40 Year Old Virgin" and only got part way through it before turning it off.

Urban Legends 3 - Bloody Mary

water down the first 2 UL movies, add (steal) elements of Final Destination, The Ring, Stir of Echoes and a few of the really lame urban legends they didn't already use in the first 2 movies and you get a laughable straight to video sequel.

It's crap horror movies at their best!

Back