• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

abecedarian - that's my all time favourite musical. Did you know that the majority of Austrians do not know about the film? It's the tourists who come asking about Salzburg.

Hehe, just wanted to talk some rubbish (but it's true!) there. :)

Anyway, I recently watched:
1. Batman Begins - it's alright, but I'm getting tired of Batman movies...
2. Legend of Zorro - Zeta Jones is very beautiful, but a so-so movie. I think Banderas overacts at times, but in a lesser scale compared to Tom Cruise.
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - countless times I've watched this. I wanted to review the killer rabbit part. I love Monty Python.

ds

direstraits said:
abecedarian - that's my all time favourite musical. Did you know that the majority of Austrians do not know about the film? It's the tourists who come asking about Salzburg.

Hehe, just wanted to talk some rubbish (but it's true!) there. :)

Anyway, I recently watched:
1. Batman Begins - it's alright, but I'm getting tired of Batman movies...
2. Legend of Zorro - Zeta Jones is very beautiful, but a so-so movie. I think Banderas overacts at times, but in a lesser scale compared to Tom Cruise.
3. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - countless times I've watched this. I wanted to review the killer rabbit part. I love Monty Python.

ds

We all love musicals around here. Some of my kids could babble out showtunes before they could talk! The kids throw lines and tunes around at eachother all the time. They are so much more fun when they're out of context:rolleyes:

I can't get very excited over the newest Batman and Zorro movies..I liked the previous offerings, but am tired of the sequels. Time to get new stories for these actors to earn their spare millions from.

Yup. Another that I like is the beautiful Audrey Hepburn's My Fair Lady. However, I'd put Sound of Music ahead of it any day.

Oh, and I, uhm, just watched My Fair Lady too. Yeah. "The Rain in Spain falls mainly in the plains." See? Not off topic, no sir.

ds

Caught Man on Fire the other night. The movie, I didn't actually catch anyone on fire. Denzell can be a bad bad man when the role calls for it. The movie is pretty violent, but it isn't overdone and gore isn't a huge factor. I loved the style, but the pace was a little slow in parts. Overall a good one if you have the two and a half to watch it.

abecedarian said:
I liked the previous offerings, but am tired of the sequels. Time to get new stories for these actors to earn their spare millions from.
Hollywood isn't interested in new stories. There's no money in them. That being said, I thought Batman Begins was the best since the original with Michael Keaton back in the day. At least it had a plot and required some acting. I'm glad they've already jettisoned Mrs Tom Cruise for the sequel.

I saw the Corpses Bride and didnt really like it. The animation was great but there was no story. But what i did love was Wallace and Gromit - The Curse of the Wererabbit! Those rabbits were so cute. Very funny.

I really enjoyed Batman Begins. Christian Bale was very good, though i wanted him to say ' i have to return some video tapes!' :) or whatever he says in American Psyco.

Another film iv seen with Christian Bale is the Machinist...(cant spell it!!) He looked so awful in that film that i spent the whole time gasping at his spine poking out his back. A good twist at the end though!

Dodgeball. It's bloody hilarious. I loved the part when the lawyer girl first gets into Ben Stiller's office, and what he does to prepare for it.

Laugh [snort] chuckle...

ds

Wabbit said:
The Brothers Grimm... Oh dear.

Oh dear...bad? or good? My kids saw and liked it, but I didn't want to pay full price to go to the theatre. DH and I are getting very picky about that.

BAD!

I'm a Terry Gilliam fan. I love a lot of his work. Brazil is one the best things ever put onto film.

Brazil
Monty Python's Holy Grail
Fisher King
Barron Munchausen
12 monkeys

... great director.

The film is just bad. The humour in it is terrible and false and childish, the actors are wooden, the script is poor, the movie jumps all over the place - its a total mess. The effects are as wooden as the actors and not special at all, the characters are annoying especiall Cavaldi character who pretty much spends the WHOLE movie jumping around and shouting at the top of his voice. I just about made it through to the end.

Hopefully his next one will be better.

Chicken Little. There's alot of funny stuff that will appeal to adults in this and it's not too long.

I liked that one. I used to read the comic, and I thought they captured the feel of the comic quite well. I wasn't happy with some of the changes though, especially changing Constantine from English to American :p

abecedarian said:
We watched Star Wars Episode Three last night. We'd seen it before, and we all had a blast making fun of it..:D

That's the only thing that pile of cack is any good for!

Back