• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Last seen...

Just watched The Day after tomorrow and Hidalgo. Both movies were really bad. There are so many stupid things in the Day after tomorrow, and Hidalgo is just plain boring.

The Pledge with Jack Nicholson.

Good Nicholson, but jumped the tracks toward the end with too many inexplicable actions on the part of the protagonist (JN's character). It gave me the creeps that Sean Penn (director) cast his wife as a punching bag.

I haven't been to the cinema for ages. I think the last film I saw there was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azaban, which I enjoyed. I thought it was done very well, and even Daniel Radcliffe seemed to have improved (though that's not difficult compared to the first film).

The last film I saw on TV was The Panic Room, starring Jodie Foster. It was pretty good and had some nail-biting moments.

The one who likes weeding other people's gardens and I rented "The Exorsist - The Beginning" and "Monster". Both were ok. I really like horror flicks but I haven't seen a good one for awhile.

I have to agree with Hay... The Day After Tomorrow was awful!

I'm a movie freak so I'm always watching one or another. Taped Herbie the Love Bug last week but have yet to see it for the 10th time!

No bobby, I am not, but I have just written it down and will investigate. Tell me more...

it's an obscure italian horror genre that most filmmakers are reluctant to admit ever existed, because so many of them have blatantly plagiarized it. overall, it's more artistic in style than other horror genres. check out dario argento and you'll see what I mean. the color is electrifying, especially in suspiria and tenebre. classic giallo films. argento is good stuff. he worked with george romero on a couple films, including dawn of the dead. as a rule, if you like romero, you'll like argento too. other notable giallo directors are lucio fulci (whose films are currently distributed by quentin tarantino's rolling thunder pictures), mario bava (the giallo founder) and ruggero deodato (the much loathed director of jungle holocaust and cannibal holocaust, two films that will shock even the most seasoned horror enthusiast). I think you're really going to enjoy it.

Thanks bobby. Any idea where one can pruchase such things. If it's TAHT obscure, I'll have a tough time finding it here, however, I LOVE shopping online!

Amazon loves me more because I have a Gold Box which tries to sell me discounted items that don't even remotely resemble what I purchase. I shall try. Please private message me if you see a deal so I don't miss any deals.

I'll have to see if those two movies shock me. I am rather unshockable.

Home: Starship Troopers - I thought it was soo funny and silly, but very cool.
Theatre: Constantine - liked it; love Allan Moore's creations.

last movie i watched was eulogy with zooey deschanel, ray romano, hank azaria, kelly preston, and others. it is the story of family coming together for thier father's funeral and all the cracked behaviour that happens at family gatherings.
i liked it. i really like zooey deschanel, she is odd and quirky. i'm also a fan of family comedy/drama type movies. coming from a large, puts the fun in dysfunctional type, i think they are interesting.

I haven't been to the theater in ages, but I want to fit in Constantine this week. Otherwise, I look at listings and think, do I want to spend $8 to watch that movie, or would I rather just stay home and watch Garden State again? Garden State has been winning lately.

Last night I watched the first 1/2 or so of English Patient. Which would explain the bad dreams.

Ashlea said:
I haven't been to the theater in ages, but I want to fit in Constantine this week. Otherwise, I look at listings and think, do I want to spend $8 to watch that movie, or would I rather just stay home and watch Garden State again? Garden State has been winning lately.

Last night I watched the first 1/2 or so of English Patient. Which would explain the bad dreams.

i just did not like that movie at all. or the book. i often felt like elaine from seinfeld being forced to listen to yet another person blather on and on about this movie. you know what makes me cry every blessed time i see it? the scene in steal magnolias where sally field is going on about her daughter after the funeral and then to break the tension, olympia dukakis grabs shirley maclaine and goes "here. hit weeza...!" gets me everytime.

Back