• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Legolas over-rated?

Hehe, we're not complaining about the girls. We love them! We love all girls! Mainly because they lick our butts better when we've got piles from sitting on fences all day long. Well, that's my reason anyway. I can't say I've actually seen Silly Wabbit have his ass sucked better after sitting on a fence all day, unfortunately. Maybe next week.

Nosferatu Man said:
Lies is the point. Aren't you, Lies?

I thought Orlando was ok at being an elf (although he did piss me off a bit), but when I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, he was just about exactly the same character but in a different costume. Pretty goddam disappointing. :mad:

I've always been the point, and I'll always remain the point.

(Not to mention Bloom's scenes in Troy, a bad movie made only worse by our darling Paris.)

Yeah, he was pretty bad in that movie... I thought he was mediocre in Pirates. The only thing that saved that movie was Depp. But I did like him in the Lord of the Rings.

Nosferatu Man said:
I think Cate Blanchett is gorgeous in real life, but not in The Lord of the Rings, unfortunately.
I felt the complete opposite - In other films I thought she was quite plain. But Cate Blanchett was stunning in LOTR. She was elegant and beautiful - a true elf queen.

I have to disagree with the rest of you though - I thought Liv Tyler was a wrong choice.

ds

Really? Who would've been your perfect Arwen?

I haven't seen Troy and never intended to, and yes, I agree that Johnny Depp was good in Pirates. I thought Geoffrey Rush was good aswell. I think I did anyway - it's a while since I saw it. And I thought Keira Knightley put in an excellent performance as usual. :D

Nosferatu Man said:
Really? Who would've been your perfect Arwen?

I haven't seen Troy and never intended to, and yes, I agree that Johnny Depp was good in Pirates. I thought Geoffrey Rush was good aswell. I think I did anyway - it's a while since I saw it. And I thought Keira Knightley put in an excellent performance as usual. :D
Depp and Rush are always good. Knightly on the other hand...

I'm not a Liv Tyler fan either, though I did think the black and white ads for Givenchy were gorgeous. Hubba, hubba!

And staying away from Troy is a good idea.

Please stop slagging off Bloom in Pirates... - I haven't seen it and am getting it for Xmas!! :( Though actually even I have to admit that Bloom's performance in LOTR3 was verging on the mahogany side.

lies said:
Knightly on the other hand...
Yeah, I was being sort of sarcastic - I just thought she was gorgeous like usual.

Sorry, Halo. It's a pretty decent movie overall, I reckon. I got it for my sister's birthday in June and watched it with her, and enjoyed it. I've got to be honest though, I can't remember what Orlando's performance is like in The Return of the King at all because it's nigh on a year since I saw it! Is that a sign of how bad it is?

I was a bit disappointed with Treebeard by-the-way. He wasn't at all how I'd imagined him. Except for his voice - I think that was pretty close.

Yeah, I pretty much was dissapointed with Treebeard too. Seemed a bit too comical and gimmicy to me. I wanted something much darker, powerful, wise and mystical seeming. That said, it's pretty hard to pull of Tree Beard in a movie.

Halo, Pirates is a FAB movie. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Yah, Treebeard wasn't what you expected him to be. I was ENRAGED they never put the Ent meeting in the movie, that would have been interesting... :mad:

I didn't like Treebeard. He was too muppety, and I thought he should've been taller.

That was my pet peeve.

Halo said:
Please stop slagging off Bloom in Pirates... - I haven't seen it and am getting it for Xmas!! :(
Don't worry... It's a lovely, entertaining movie. You just have to ignore Bloom for a bit...

I heard that. I don't have high hopes though. Disney is incapable of making decent sequels.

Is he? Are there many pirates in France? Why doesn't he go and study them in the Caribbean?! Hee hee hee. Get it? Pirates of the Caribbean...

Mr. Wabbit said:
Seemed a bit too comical...
I didn't mind that, I thought he was a pretty comical character as I was reading about him - and liked him.

Dele said:
...I thought he should've been taller.
Hehe, I thought he should've been smaller. But then, when all the Ents were together, destroying Isengard, I thought they looked about the right height (but it was still different to how I'd imagined them - obviously). I pictured Treebeard as a pretty stocky guy, but other than that I can't really remember because I've got the Treebeard from the movies stuck in my head now. That's happened with just about all the characters really, apart from the ones with really small parts. For example, my idea of Strider was a bit different to how Viggo portrayed him. I thought Viggo was amazing in the part, but it just wasn't how I'd imagined him when I was reading about him. I think the two Ians as Gandalf and Bilbo were just about absolutely perfect, and I hope they make the movie of The Hobbit with those guys (and everyone else) playing the same characters. Elrond was completely different to how I'd imagined him aswell, by-the-way. I like Hugo as an actor, well... I thought he was good at portraying a Computer Program in The Matrix, but he wasn't the Elrond I'd imagined.

Hi, dont want to intrude in your convesartion .... im new here

But Legolas is not my type - and I´m girl

Back