• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Let's talk about people.

Sadly it doesn't. Usually they will just pass out-so in their mind it worked.

I personally would rather meditate to escape :)

That’s what my mom did. Every night for over thirty years. I cannot imagine how horrible that must have been. Like I said, I love to party (I’ve seen sunrises with a beer in my hand more times than I care to admit) but that’s exactly where it stays: at the party. Never, ever do I find myself sitting at home, wishing I had a beer to sip on. It’s weird, I guess.

I’d much rather figure problems out than ‘run from them’, but I guess I’m a different breed. Not better or worse, but just different. :)

It is a difficult thing to overcome. I see it with my clients all the time. It is sad, but that is one facet of why I got into this field. I want to help others :)

Another thing I find interesting is that when an addict does finally quit, through help (not necessarily cold turkey, on their own), they become so much stronger. Education is the key to everything, and I’m not just talking about formal school/college. The more we know, the more power we have. It’s awesome.

:) I like your style, missus. I like it a lot.

The toughest thing I personally see people struggle with is:

1) breaking patterns. That’s usually a forest/trees type thing.
2) Taking personal responsibility for things. Depending on how we were raised, doing that can be very hard if not impossible.

Parents, do your jobs!

I agree. Also in the mix has to be motivation. How motivated are they to change? People do fear success at times. Change is scary.

Yanno, I have given the ‘fear of success’ thing a lot of thought, and I think it’s probably true. I think maybe everyone fears it a little, somewhere inside.

What if, in a year, I miraculously hit the bestseller’s list and gained several million dollars? That’s scary. neat, sure, but scary, too. what would I do? would I stay in this cesspool of a state? Would I help my friends/family now that I had tons of dough? How much to invest? What does it MEAN, now that I’m a ‘success’?

Tons of questions and scary things would come along with success, at least success as far as money/fame/notoriety goes.

Failure is the other way, but I think more people are fine with failure than they are at success. For instance, I know a lot of writers who have a lot of stories, but won’t submit for fear of rejection. But, isn’t not submitting the same as failing? I guess not, in the long run, but it’s too similar for my taste.

Exactly..with success comes decisions and responsibility.
Do I want that?
Why would I or why wouldn't I?
How will I feel if I am rejected versus just not trying?
These are some of the questions we have to ask ourselves.

Personally, and I really hate sounding brash like this, but I wish Natural Selection could still take place. I’m not hardcore and think that people should die, but I think that for the best interests of the human race, it’s better if some people didn’t get together and reproduce. I really do.

I’m not referring to mentally or physically challenged people, here, I’m talking about the average idiot who can’t seem to make a good decision to save his own life. get these people out of the gene pool, lol.

The best people weed themselves out anyhow, like you did, by getting a really good education and chasing your dreams. Of course, we all need someone to empty the trash and someone to work assembly lines at warehouses, but these people aren’t superior; superior people do superior things. Also, regular life doesn’t trip them up as badly as someone with faulty thinking.

I dunno if that makes sense. Just babbling. :p

Absolutely. To see any one grow in front of you is amazing. Education is so important :)

Actually, in the past some of my ex-girlfriends seemed to grow in front of me, and it was anything but amazing.

Also, it could be due to a medical condition that someone grows in front of you. That's also not so amazing but scary. Like in 2010 I was on holiday in Japan and was given some antibiotics for a stomach infection and I turned purple and blew up like Veruca Salt in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. Seriously; that was very scary.

I'd say the 'right' education is important. Like being able to distinguish between a 1972 and 1978 Châteaux Margaux ('72 was such a bad year), and also telling the difference between a Monte Cristo no. 2 and a Davidoff tubos (really, some people just don't know). Also, knowing where to place an apostrophe is pretty damn important. Especially if you're a store sales sign-writer.

LOL! I thought of Varuca Salt before I read that you'd mentioned her, but ya beat me to the punch! :D

You have a good sense of humor. :p

Personally, and I really hate sounding brash like this, but I wish Natural Selection could still take place. I’m not hardcore and think that people should die, but I think that for the best interests of the human race, it’s better if some people didn’t get together and reproduce. I really do.

I’m not referring to mentally or physically challenged people, here, I’m talking about the average idiot who can’t seem to make a good decision to save his own life. get these people out of the gene pool, lol.

The best people weed themselves out anyhow, like you did, by getting a really good education and chasing your dreams. Of course, we all need someone to empty the trash and someone to work assembly lines at warehouses, but these people aren’t superior; superior people do superior things. Also, regular life doesn’t trip them up as badly as someone with faulty thinking.

I dunno if that makes sense. Just babbling. :p

Are you saying that I need to weed myself off this planet? You are harsh :p

I do agree with you to an extent. It is just that we have people that think and people that don't ha ha That is in its basic form of course.

:D If only the people who didn't know how to hold down a job or stay off the booze/drugs didn't know how to have sex.

Sucks that it's so natural.

Speaking of which, that fuzzy little nerd said six more weeks of winter. Fine with me, I guess, considering it's been in the seventies lately here... ugh. I like sixties, thanks.

Back