• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Library dreams

Enya

Have you ever had dreams of a library, I mean dreams in the proper sense of the word, at night, while you are sleeping? My friends told me I was a real book lover as I even dream of libraries at night. :eek:
Don’t be scared, I’m not exactly a boring bookworm, it’s just that I dreamt of libraries twice and I thought I could find out if any other booklover on the forum has had a similar experience.And I’d be curious to find out how you interpret these library dreams.:confused:
Let me tell you about mine: in the first one, it was night and I was in front of an old but beautiful building whose windows drew golden light squares on the grass outside.But when I got in, it was almost completely dark and we could find our way only because of the moonlight. I knew it was a library, but we ( me and a friend ) couldn’t see the books, we were going through a maze with a lot of corridors, soft carpets and dark red velvet curtains, we were looking for the books. Finally I stopped at the end of a corridor in front of a closed door because I could hear piano music behind it, but the door was closed and I knew somehow that the books were there, the music, the moonlight, the touch of velvet, everything was so strange and so calming at the same time. And then I woke up, still wondering what was behind that door.

The second dream was the opposite I could say, I was in a big library with a lot of books on the shelves, their spines looking bright and colourful, and the sunlight came in through some big windows and the sun beams looked like spotlights in the colourful air of that room. I felt it was the beginning of holiday and all those books were waiting for me and I knew I was going to read and like them all.
So what do you think? Am I crazy?:)

I liked your dreams! They sound very nice, as abecedarian said. :)

I dream about libraries too, but it's because I often dream about work if it takes up a lot of my energy during the day. I used to be a shelver in a really busy public library and I had dreams where there were too many book carts and I could never figure out which ones had already been organized or not. Wait... yep, that almost perfectly represents the reality :p

I've had two dreams about libraries (that I remember).

In the first one, I was wanting to read a book that I thought should have been one the regular shelves, but wasn't. It was "special" and was behind the circulation desk. I could only look at it, not touch. with the librarian holding it and turning the pages for me. I was sooooo incredibly frustrated.

In the second dream, I was standing in a room lined from floor to ceiling with books, I knew they belonged to my husband and I was just standing there, wondering, where in the world did he get all these books, and thinking, he's never going to read all of these.

Can't say that I ever have, though I do *dream* about owning a bookstore/coffee place sometime.:p

Back