• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Life's Final Chapter

Ronny said:
Well I haven't thought much about myself outside of signing my organ donor card, but we do have plans for the hubby. We(hubby and I are big fans)saw in the Weekly World News an article about a woman who had her husband stuffed and turned into a coffee table and well we decided that my hubby would make an excellent butler with tray, like the ones the Bombay company used to sell. That way he can keep serving me even after death, what a guy :)

are you even kidding me? she had her husband stuffed? is that legal? lol. i wonder what her guests said? omigod. lol.

I'm also like most other people on this board - I would like any parts that are usable to be donated, and what's left cremated. I think that I'd like my cremated remains to be buried, or something to that effect, in a cemetary. The idea of having an urn full of another person's ashes on a mantlepeice creeps me out, and I'd like a place where people can come and remember. I'm vain like that :p

I actually think the burying thing comes from the fact that my Nana was cremated then buried, and I know that my father greatly appreciated that he had a place he could go to "talk" to his mother, or just remember.

jenngorham said:
are you even kidding me? she had her husband stuffed? is that legal? lol. i wonder what her guests said? omigod. lol.

I find lots of joy in picturing her will "and I leave my beloved husband coffee table to our son with the warmest wishes that he will cherish it as I did" :D

Have you ever read the Weekly World News? it's the best tabloid out there full of all the good stuff aliens, ghosts, monsters, 200lb cats, I just can't wait to get my next one.

Gosh, I write this thread as I have wrapped two bodies in the last week. *sigh*

First off, donate anything useful in me to someone else who needs it. Not like I'm going to use it anymore.Then cremate me. Though I would like to be scattered with my husband. He does not care whether he is scattered with or without someone since he's dead anyway. I suppose I just like the romanticism of it, whoever dies first waits for other so the ashes can be scattered together. I wouldn't keep him on the mantle if he died first though, that is just too morbid!

I suppose for my funeral people will gather and cry. Though I would much prefer if they just held a huge party and had a good time. I don't want everyone standing around crying in my memory. I would like them to have a big party in my memory!! Lots of drunkenness, good food, and people walking home saying "Man! That was a great party!!"

Ok... now on the subject of death, allow me to step onto my soap box and give one small rant on Living wills. I can't even begin to explain how important these things are!!!! So many people don't know what to do when a loved one is hurt, or they feel too guilty having to make choices for a loved one. Take all that hassle away from people you love and write it all down. Trust me on this. Heck, I'm only 24 and I got one. Okee.... off the soap box.

**Gosh, Why do I feel like I probably just brought the mood of this thread WAY down?**

no duff, everything you said is really good and important.

and ronny, i had never heard of weekly world news, so just ignore my ridiculous comment from earlier. lol.

I keep getting sensable answers, which is good, but I'm also looking for the creative side of your exit.....imagine you have unlimited possibilities and unlimited money to make the final goodbye something your friends and family would talk about for generations to come....tell me that......

Unlimited money? Take my entire family on worldwide adventure, sprinkling just a few of my ashes in each location. Sprinkle some of me in Abingdon, Va (My happiest childhood memories were here), a little more in St. Petersburg Russia, a bit in London, some in Norway on the mountain top, A pinch of me in Disney World( in the haunted mansion of course).Also put just a little of me in the caves in Belize, and Dunns river falls, and in Pompei in Italy, and some on the beach here near home. Of course, my loved ones would have to travel to all of these places but that is the fun of it. I think that would be one heck of a journey no one would forget....

My parents want to be turned into a coral reef. There is actually a program down here in Florida to take cramted remains, and make them into a coral reef to help restore the marine environment which has been badly damaged.

Back