• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Litany, is this any better?

Who's the Wenchiest Wench in the forum?

• Total voters
{Tigress} said:
Oh, I have SOME idea... I have a husband who is constantly "reminding" me. :rolleyes:
If he feels able to take such liberties, then it seems to me that you haven't trained him properly.

Yeah, I know. I manage to get him trained in about one new thing per year. So far, he's learned the following:

to admit I'm always right
that his new title is Sir Ron, Slayer of Bugs
to pick up after himself
to assist with chores
to see that the dog house is NOT where he should aspire to live
to understand that asking forgiveness is much more difficult than asking permission
that tickling is not the ONLY form of foreplay

I'll get to this and other stuff eventually, I promise! They can only learn so fast, ya know. :rolleyes:

Ah, ok, husbands learn slowly. Maybe they don't want to learn any faster, just to annoy the wife.

Cheers, Martin

Freya, sorry about that! :eek:

Chwbecca & Martin, I'm sure men could learn faster, and I'm sure Ron thinks he's really got somethin' over on me if he gets by with learnin' only one thing a year. But, the reality is... I don't CARE how long it takes, as long as things continue to improve year after year. He's my life-long project anyway, so I might at well keep it interesting. LOL

You wouldn't get crap from me, Martin -> my guy friends and I used to joke around like that all the time. Not quite fair to allow a joke one way and not the other. Of course, I don't think men see their wives as life-long projects, but most of us women see our husbands as having a few habits that might need some changing (such as my husband is a slob, which is something I'm still trying to end, as I'm obsessively neat). Just a difference in how the genders view each other.

I just can't understand that - that you actually love a guy, want to marry him, but there will have to be some changes.

Unconditional love, anyone?

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
I just can't understand that - that you actually love a guy, want to marry him, but there will have to be some changes.

Unconditional love, anyone?

Cheers, Martin

I do love him unconditionally, otherwise, I couldn't put up with his messiness. But when two people live together, there have to be compromises. Say your girlfriend loves playing loud music way into the night, but you like to go to bed early and loud music keeps you up. Wouldn't you want her to turn it down? For me, if my house is messy, I get irritated and frustrated....so its nice if my husband takes the time to clean up his messes. Its not that I don't love him if he's messy, I just would like him to be a bit neater for my sanity. I never said there has to be changes. If someone goes into a marriage expecting that changes will be made, they're going to be disappointed. There are just some things that its nice if the other person works on so as to live together in peace.

You'll have to admit, women tend to (try to) change their men more often than vice versa - you just can't help yourselves!

Cheers, Martin

Martin said:
You'll have to admit, women tend to (try to) change their men more often than vice versa - you just can't help yourselves!

Cheers, Martin

I agree completely, but I think its more for the reasons that women usually have to keep the household in order and men sometimes hinder that process. I think women tend to be more domineering, as well -> at least, in more subtle ways. I think men just kind of give up in trying to change them, because they realize that the female is usually the one who has the power in the relationship. We all learned from our mothers...its something that's been passed down from generation to generation :eek:

It all boils down to the fact that men are basically lazy. They are too lazy to want to change their partner to suit them better, so they think 'Sod this for a game of soldiers', decide to accept the woman as she is, and start saying things like 'yes dear' and 'I'm just off down the pub'.

Maybe over there, but in America the female usually has the power...the man just doesn't realize it. I've seriously heard women tell younger women and girls to let the man "think he has the power, when she actually has control herself." I've seriously heard that many, many times.

decide to accept the woman as she is
Now there's a revolutionary idea - It's so crazy it might actually work.

let the man "think he has the power, when she actually has control herself."
That is messed up, that can never be a good relationship.

Cheers, Martin

I agree with you, Martin. Seriously. I actually think my husband and I are fairly equal partners. Every relationship is give-and-take...and it should be equal on either side. I might joke here and there about my husband being messy, etc (which he is), but I take equality in the relationship (as well as in society), very seriously....I think its the only way to have a good, solid relationship.

Back