• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Litany, is this any better?

Who's the Wenchiest Wench in the forum?

• Total voters
Oh boy. I see we've gotten off on quite a topic! :eek:

First off, men do change, whether we want them to or not. During the courting process, men will always put their best foot forward and do everything in their power to "win" the object of their desire. But, once they've got us, they tend to think the race is done and now they can just sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labors. WRONG!

We need all of those things that made us fall in love with you in the first place. So, we set out on a mission to change what we can to get you back to something close to what you were before.

And if that's not enough to make relationships hard work, there's the simple fact that our needs (on both sides) change over time. You have to work together to meet these new needs, which usually involves, yep, you guessed it, more change. So, although my list here was very tongue-in-cheek, there are other, very serious things Ron and I are constantly working on improving and/or changing because we both know they are important to a healthy relationship.

Yes, but you're changing together. That's the point....everyone changes over time, just because we go through new experiences all the time, which causes us to change (for good or bad), but if you work to change with someone, rather than working to change that person to meet your new needs/expectations, then the relationship has a better shot at working out.

{Tigress} said:
Oh boy. I see we've gotten off on quite a topic! :eek:

First off, men do change, whether we want them to or not. During the courting process, men will always put their best foot forward and do everything in their power to "win" the object of their desire. But, once they've got us, they tend to think the race is done and now they can just sit back and enjoy the fruits of their labors. WRONG!

We need all of those things that made us fall in love with you in the first place. So, we set out on a mission to change what we can to get you back to something close to what you were before.

And if that's not enough to make relationships hard work, there's the simple fact that our needs (on both sides) change over time. You have to work together to meet these new needs, which usually involves, yep, you guessed it, more change. So, although my list here was very tongue-in-cheek, there are other, very serious things Ron and I are constantly working on improving and/or changing because we both know they are important to a healthy relationship.

I don't think it's just men that put the best impression at the start. I think both men AND women do it too.

I actually think its better once that "best foot forward" phaze is gone. You learn a lot more about the person you are with for good or for bad. And isnt it a lot more comfortable to wake up on your old PJ's next to the person you love with bad hair and all the rest and know they still love you like crazy anyway? :)

VTChEwbecca said:
Maybe over there, but in America the female usually has the power...the man just doesn't realize it. I've seriously heard women tell younger women and girls to let the man "think he has the power, when she actually has control herself." I've seriously heard that many, many times.

Do you have some kind of feminist Illuminati over in America?

SillyWabbit said:
And isnt it a lot more comfortable to wake up on your old PJ's next to the person you love with bad hair and all the rest and know they still love you like crazy anyway? :)

Absolutely. :)

SillyWabbit said:
I don't think it's just men that put the best impression at the start. I think both men AND women do it too.

I actually think its better once that "best foot forward" phaze is gone. You learn a lot more about the person you are with for good or for bad. And isnt it a lot more comfortable to wake up on your old PJ's next to the person you love with bad hair and all the rest and know they still love you like crazy anyway? :)

Couldn't agree more :)

So far, I've successfully taught Wolf that his belt and his shoes should be the same color.

Also, not to bitch about how I do something unless he wants to do it himself (actually, we've both worked on this one.)

Not bad for almost 11 years of work. :)

I have only one belt. And one pair of shoes. And they don't match.

Above story is completely bereft of truth.

Cheers, Martin

Change does involve both of us. He had taught me many things over the years, too.

Like:

- Hibernation is necessary and does NOT mean he doesn't want me.
- There is no need to cook enough to feed an army when it's just two of us sitting down to dinner.
- If he's not looking at me, odds are he hasn't heard me
- It's okay to leave the dishes in the sink for an hour, or even clean dishes in the dishwasher over night! :eek:
- You CAN be romantic with the lights on
- Peanut Butter and Jelly is a good thing
- Towels don't HAVE to be folded exactly right

Or you have a knack for posting things that I posted :p

Anyway, sorry for the repeat! It's still good :D

And my link is better. Not sure why. Maybe because it's a lot more fluffy :D

Back