• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Looking like your avatar...

Ronny said:
How funny, I always liked my stuffed animals better than my dolls, too. I didn't abuse my dolls though I gave them to my sister and you should see how she turned out :eek:

I think it's weird that everyone gives baby dolls to little girls. It just feels like brainwashing them into "mommy complexes".

Mari said:
It's a bookworm.

Don't take this personally Mari....but where I live we get these things in/under our lawn that are the larva of Japanese Beetles. The larva eat the roots of your grass and end up killing the lawn...they are called grubs...and they look exactly like your avatar....I hate to say it, but the grubs look nasty, and after watching a show like "Fear Factor".....I can understand why people look at your avatar and get kinda freaked....

There's nothing like spreading a poison on the lawn to kill the grubs in order to save your lawn. The poison brings the grubs to the surface...a really infested lawn can have hundreds of grubs under it in a very small space. They are fat, juicy looking, pale, wiggly, pasty looking things....ladies especially get the heeby-geeby's at the site of hundreds of these things all about an inch-and-a-half long and almost an inch in diameter wiggling around....

Motokid said:
There's nothing like spreading a poison on the lawn to kill the grubs in order to save your lawn. The poison brings the grubs to the surface...a really infested lawn can have hundreds of grubs under it in a very small space. They are fat, juicy looking, pale, wiggly, pasty looking things....ladies especially get the heeby-geeby's at the site of hundreds of these things all about an inch-and-a-half long and almost an inch in diameter wiggling around....

i think this is another thread you lawn freak!!!

Motokid said:
Don't take this personally Mari....but where I live we get these things in/under our lawn that are the larva of Japanese Beetles. The larva eat the roots of your grass and end up killing the lawn...they are called grubs...

The bookworm is a type of grub. I have opened old books and found them wiggling in their holes. Real bookworms aren't cuddly.

I find it interesting, however, that a search of Google Images turns the following up as one of its first results:

http://stellargraffiti.com/My Pictures/Ck Bookworm.jpg

I do that with some of your avatars, it's extremely annoying. Perhaps my avatar should not be a glass of water, it could be confusing for some? Nah... As for sirmyks's dragon-avatar, at first I figured it might be a girl who was into the whole "dragons and fairies and elves"-stuff... I don't remember seeing ricky before, but his avatar is very neutral, in a way. Perhaps.

Inspired by this thread, I finally made myself an avatar (oh ok so I stole an image and changed it slightly - I'm a 21st century schi^H^H^H^Hdigital artist!
I just realized that there's already probably enough C&H avatars though, so I suppose it'll have to be temporary.

It's definitely easier to identify who's writing something based on avatars, since I sometimes find myself reading threads without really noticing the names, but the avatars easily get registered in the corner of my eye. The exception obviously being when I find someone's post particularly good (or aggravating!) and have to check who the poster is.

Umbrella said:
As for sirmyks's dragon-avatar, at first I figured it might be a girl who was into the whole "dragons and fairies and elves"-stuff...
Strange. The dragon is actually a tattoo the main character in my book (a teenage mother with a three-year-old) has inked on her abdomen...

sirmyk said:
Strange. The dragon is actually a tattoo the main character in my book (a teenage mother with a three-year-old) has inked on her abdomen...

Was that tattoo done before or after her pregnancy.....

if it was before, I'd love see the artistic redition of what it looked like during the 9th month, and then a few months after birth... :eek:

Motokid said:
Was that tattoo done before or after her pregnancy.....
if it was before, I'd love see the artistic redition of what it looked like during the 9th month, and then a few months after birth... :eek:

Funny you say that. My editor asked me to change the tattoo to "after" for such reasoning.

Back