• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

M. Night Shyamalan

jenngorham said:
i also saw he is doing the screen play for life of pi.
I saw that too. To be honest, it might be good for him to work with someone elses ideas for a bit. I've heard he has quite an ego.

pwilson said:
I saw that too. To be honest, it might be good for him to work with someone elses ideas for a bit. I've heard he has quite an ego.

Yeah, that whole ego thing is the only turn off I have for Mr. Shimmy-shimmy-ko-ko-bop.

hullo what's this? i did a little snooping and although did not see the video in question am hoping it wasn't derogatory to gays.
in any event welcome rfk, have you met sirmyk, or this could possibly be an alter ego, we're never sure ourselves, both are lovely i assure you.

so m. night anyone?

why was the village diabolical? *careful i loved it* ;) :D

jenngorham said:
hullo what's this? i did a little snooping and although did not see the video in question am hoping it wasn't derogatory to gays.
in any event welcome jfk, have you met sirmyk, or this could possibly be an alter ego, we're never sure ourselves, both are lovely i assure you.

so m. night anyone?

why was the village diabolical? *careful i loved it* ;) :D

It wasnt derogatory to anyone. it was just a joke. how can a man acting camp be derogatory to gays?

whats funny about it was that was behaviour which is so unusual in football. but some people do love to be offended.

the video is in the general discussion forum so you can see it for yourself.

regarding the village, i just didnt enjoy it at all, i think it Mr M Knight Shalyman (sp) was trying to hard to be clever but not producing much of a plot. Just my opinion but I'm not the biggest fan of M Knight. Different strokes for different folks though. :)

RobertFKennedy said:
regarding the village, i just didnt enjoy it at all, i think it Mr M Knight Shalyman (sp) was trying to hard to be clever but not producing much of a plot. Just my opinion but I'm not the biggest fan of M Knight. Different strokes for different folks though. :)
Yes... very different strokes... although that sounds wrong. I thought The Villiage had more plot than all three previous movies combined, which is why it's my favorite of the four (Sixth Sense is really close, maybe even tied for first place).

i think with the village people really expected something
more supernatural
. i remember thinking that it had to be about werewolves when i saw the trailer.
so when it turned out that it was a group of damaged people trying to create a utopia for their families, and that the monster was the outside world, i think it may have been disappointing for some people

jenngorham said:
i think with the village people really expected something
more supernatural
. i remember thinking that it had to be about werewolves when i saw the trailer.
so when it turned out that it was a group of damaged people trying to create a utopia for their families, and that the monster was the outside world, i think it may have been disappointing for some people

I also thought that part of it was that
utopia comes at a price

cajunmama said:
I also thought that part of it was that
utopia comes at a price

i also thought he was saying that it doesn't matter where you go
something dark or bad will always find you, you can't run away, you have to face it

and what you said. :)

Lady in the Water

Lady in the Water is in theatres July 21st (at least in the U.S.) Is anyone else as excited about this movie as I am?

Yahoo Movies said:
Cleveland Heep, a modest building manager, rescues a mysterious young woman from danger and discovers she is actually a narf--a character from a bedtime story who is trying to make the treacherous journey from our world back to hers. Cleveland and his fellow tenants start to realize that they are also characters in this bedtime story. As Cleveland falls deeper and deeper in love with the woman, he works together with the tenants to protect his new fragile friend from the deadly creatures that reside in this fable and are determined to prevent her from returning home.

sirmyk said:
Lady in the Water is in theatres July 21st (at least in the U.S.) Is anyone else as excited about this movie as I am?

I want to see this one too. The only one of his movies I didn't like was Signs. Unbreakable is ok, but I really liked Six Sense, even though I usually don't like that kind of film at all. The Village was great; we watched it several times while we had it rented.

There's just an eerie atmosphere about his movies that I like. He's one of the few writers/directors/producers whose movies I look forward to seeing months before they're out... knowing only a hint of plot, even.

At the time, I didn't really care for Unbreakable, but now I seem to appreciate it more. Signs is absolutely beautiful... love the whole "everything happens for a reason" thing... it's very personal for me. The 6th Sense was fantastic - don't feel as though I need to say any more... and I know not everyone liked The Village, but I thought it was really great (liked it more than Unbreakable)...
And I'm definitely excited about Lady in the Water.

Did anyone else hear rumors about a sequel to Unbreakable?

Back