• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

M. Night Shyamalan

sirmyk

What are your views of M. Night Shyamalan and his movies?

1. The Sixth Sense
2. Unbreakable
3. Signs
4. The Villiage

I really liked the sixth sense, I haven't seen Unbreakable, Signs was ok and the Village was almost really good, something about the timing threw me though.

Sixth Sense is the only one I've seen. I would have liked it better had I not known from the very beginning what I believe we were not supposed to know until the end.

Renee said:
Sixth Sense is the only one I've seen. I would have liked it better had I not known from the very beginning what I believe we were not supposed to know until the end.
You should buy a gun and shoot whoever revealed to you the ending... right in the face. But you must say, "I see dead people," just before doing so.

The Sixth Sense is definitely my favorite of the bunch. I never saw Unbreakable. Signs was okay. And I did not like The Village whatsoever.

i am one of the few people i think who loves the village. i really loved signs and ss, i never saw unbreakable. but i loved the village. there are certain scenes in it that are so beautiful and heartbreaking. i cannot go on enough about joaquin phoenix and i thought the chemistry between him and bryce dallas howard was palpable. there are some scenes in the movie that stand out to me, not only for the sentimental, romantic aspect but also for how they were shot.
interesting tidbit, joaquin and bryce starred in a parenthood together, she was in the audience during a scene and he was known as leaf.

I do love Joaquin Phoenix and there were some really good scenes, I really liked the story/concept, characters, scenery, costumes, so I don't know what really kept me from loving the movie, something was just a bit off for me. I do know it seemed to lag in some spots and maybe that was it.

Speaking of Joaquin have you seen Quills?

I've watched only 'Sixth Sense' and abosulutely loved it. I love his direction.

I must admit - it scared the hell out of me! :eek:

I liked the Sixth Sense and The Village had a good moral.

Unbreakable was downright annoying and in Signs, the plot was so flimsy it was laughable!

jenngorham said:
i am one of the few people i think who loves the village.

I really liked it too. I thought The Sixth Sense was ok the first time I saw it. Now, I'm just sick of it. Unbreakable I remember enjoying (althought I don't remember it all that well). The Signs I haven't seen yet, but will eventually.

I thought the Sixth Sense was OK, but I hated Unbreakable. Didn't see any of the others though.

Stewart said:
It was good but looked almost like a reworking of the Thai film called The Eye, which was better.
The Eye was made later than Sixth Sense, so it's more of the case that The Eye copied SS, rather than the other way around. I much prefer Sixth Sense than The Eye. (btw, the lead actress for The Eye is a Malaysian)

I loved all his films, except The Village, which I haven't seen yet. Of them all, I'd say Unbreakable was his weakest.

I love his trademark ending sequences...

ds

Ronny said:

Speaking of Joaquin have you seen Quills?

i haven't seen it. is it good? i love him in everything. return to paradise, inventing the abbots, clay pigeons..... there is something about him, i can't put my finger on it. he is nothing like his brother, yet they both had it.

Sixth sense was pretty good, unbreakable was ok but signs was just total crap. I havent seen the village and probably wont.

Quills is a pretty good movie though.

I saw all but Unbreakable. SS freaked me out, Signs was a good alien flick, and the Village had a good moral.

Renee- I hate it when people spoil movies for me and I have been known to threaten my teenage nephews with bodily harm if they do such a thing.

jenngorham said:
i haven't seen it. is it good? i love him in everything. return to paradise, inventing the abbots, clay pigeons..... there is something about him, i can't put my finger on it. he is nothing like his brother, yet they both had it.
Joaquin's bro is River? :eek:

I'm surprised so many didn't like Signs. The ending scene spoke volumes, especially what Mel Gibson did after what he saw.

ds

yes joaquin used to be called leaf and he changed his name when he got older. they also have a sister rain(bow) who acts as well. she was bonanza jellybean in even cowgirls get the blues. joaquin was with his brother the night he died, he is the one who placed the 911 call. i loved river.

i'm surprised too. i really liked signs. it was more than just an alien movie, it was a movie about faith.

and stewart, you have seen him. he is in all his movies.

Back