• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Marmite

I love cream eggs! I like to dip it in my cup of coffee and shove the whole thing in my gob! Yum! :D
And, Hershey Kisses are great. My Grandma always sends 2 huge bags of them over for me and my sister at Christmas. When I was about 14 and visiting my Grandma in Pennsylvania, she took me to Hershey Park. I remember the lamp-posts were shaped like "kisses" at the top.*happy memories *

Blade said:
I love cream eggs! I like to dip it in my cup of coffee and shove the whole thing in my gob! Yum! :D
And, Hershey Kisses are great. My Grandma always sends 2 huge bags of them over for me and my sister at Christmas. When I was about 14 and visiting my Grandma in Pennsylvania, she took me to Hershey Park. I remember the lamp-posts were shaped like "kisses" at the top.*happy memories *

Get her to send you some of the newer flavors: special dark and caramel kisses are both a treat.

One thing that is better in the States though - Skittles!! Not one pack, not TWO packs, but FOUR different packs!! Yay!! And their sours are much better than the ones ever here!

The only problem is that they have grape instead of blackcurrent :(

Phil

Ooh ooh ooh. Caramel chunky kitkats. I was in Australia last year and they had caramel chunky kitkats. I bought up a whole load and brought them back, but I've run out. So I emailed Nestle to ask when/if they would release them over here and the feckers never replied. So if there's anyone reading this who lives somewhere where they sell them, and wouldn't mind posting a whole load to the UK, I'll be your best friend forever and ever.

Litany and my fellow posters... ALL of your candy problems are solved! ( if you are in the uk lol )

FEAST your eyes on this sweetie goodness!!!!

Cyber Candy

Get out that credit card... you know what to do!!

IF anybody is surfin on that site. YES, that IS a real scorpion in that candy. Yes, I tried it. MMMMMMMMMM Scorpion lol

Regards
Sillywabbit

I don't they have what I want. :( I supposed I could console myself with some Timtams. Ooh, no. They have them! Woohoo. And the shop opens in London this week. Hmmmm.

Mmmmm, Cadbury creme eggs. We do get those. It's one of those great things that mark the passing of the seasons. Girl Scout cookies in January, Peeps and Cadbury eggs in March, Nouveau Beaujolais in November.

I will agree that US chocolate is much different. Just went to an exhibit on the history of chocolate, and I would guess we have a higher ratio of sugar and milk.

I've been seeing a lot of "limited edition" kit kats here, the dark chocolate one is especially good. Haven't seen any caramel editions. We have the "Big Kat" which is one big stick, and a complete abomination as it destroys the perfect ratio of cookie and chocolate.

That would be the Chunky as it's known here. I prefer it to the original kitkat. The amount of chocolate is just right for the amount of wafer. And the caramel chunky has a slightly shorter wafer running through the middle, then chocolate, then caramel, then more chocolate. It's the most perfect chocolate creation ever invented.

I love mini eggs, I can't live without it!! Makes me buy them but I can't bother, out there horrible weather!!

Ooooooh if I can provide any English treats (Marmite included ;)) then I will gladly swap with a stateside friend for as many Reeses Pieces as they can fit in padded envelope!!!

Actually Woolworths now stock Reese's PeanutButter cups so I guess I'll survive!!

There are websites aren't there that import and export all these bits of international culinary goodness?

I'm so glad the US isn't deprived of Cadbury's creme eggs. I have to send polos out to my friend in Virginia for her son who got addicted when they were over here. I was amazed at the size of the bags of M&Ms you can get in the US. They were the biggest bags of sweets I think I'd ever seen.

Back