• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Memory Lane! We've come so far, lets see your 1st computer............

Our first home computer was a Mac 512K. My dh went to see about a set of bunkbeds in the paper, and came home with this great big box. I was hoping it was a stereo(with a cassette player)..and was sure he'd lost his mind :D
The nice thing was, it was extremely easy to plug in a start using.

Our first computer was a Commodore in 1984. My brother took to it right away, and even at 7 yrs old spent his time programming that darn thing. Yeah, He is a computer Engineer with IBM now. My parents claim that thing was the best Christmas gift they ever got him. I never even touched it, I was too young to care.

leckert said:
I'm sure you old farts remember this one...

Sheesh. What is it with the old comments here? ;) I'm three years out of college and I know exactly what that is. It's a commodore 64. It's what we had in our school system when I was a kid. Granted, they were probably out of date in 1986, but it's what I learned on.

I remember when we got our first McIntosh in 1985-absolutely awesome machine, I thought it was great when hyou could drawings on it. I also loved the Apple IIc, a heck of a slick looking computer. Then, they turned out the Edsel of the company-the Lisa. :rolleyes:

mehastings said:
I had a Laser 128, which was an Apple IIc clone. It was so exciting because we had the oregon trail in color when all of my friends had it in black and "white". This isn't a picture of mine, but rather a stock image:
Laser_128.jpg

i had oregon trail.. that game was so addictive.. i kind of miss it actually, i was thinking about it the other day. i loved hunting

Back