• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Crichton- Timeline

Fistandantilus

What do you think of this book? did you enjoy it? did you find it beleivable? (within reason) Are you a Crichton fan at all? post in here.

I loved Timeline. Also, I enjoyed some of his earlier works, especially Sphere. Sphere, and Rising Sun were 2 of my favorites.

I have read & loved it, the science was pretty believable in it

Infact its my 2nd fav Crichton novel after Sphere, but it does have its faults including the characters are one dimensional as always but still a gr8 effort

I found that the "quality" of Chrichton's books are inconsitent (for want of a better word) I thought that Jurassic Park, Lost World, The andromeda strain, Timeline and Prey were his best and I hated Rising Sun and Airframe. Without a doubt Prey is my favourite.

Inconsistency has been Crichton's nemesis for a long time now, he has written some very good novels[Sphere,Jurassic Park,Timeline], some above-avg novels[Prey, Andromeda strain, Congo] & some bad ones[JP:Tthe lost world, Terminal man]

You can love/ignore him but you gotta apreciate his genius:cool:

I have read this book three different times, and find that I like it more each time. Believable? I don't think so. Is time travel really as easy as he makes it seem like? Not in my simple mind. However, he writes so that even I (the math/science stupid) could completely understand. But, I've enjoyed it immensely.

I have read this book three different times, and find that I like it more each time. Believable? I don't think so. Is time travel really as easy as he makes it seem like? Not in my simple mind. However, he writes so that even I (the math/science stupid) could completely understand. But, I've enjoyed it immensely.

That's good to hear. I have enjoyed his books in the past, and this title has been sitting on the shelf waiting to be read for longer than I care to admit. Perhaps I'll get around to it in the near future.

That's good to hear. I have enjoyed his books in the past, and this title has been sitting on the shelf waiting to be read for longer than I care to admit. Perhaps I'll get around to it in the near future.

You should definitely do that. I love to read about things set in that specific time era. Great book. Great author.

I enjoyed the historic aspects of Timeline, and thought the science had an air of believablity about it, but felt the book was spoiled by a limp ending. It felt rushed,as if he had to finish it before going out to dinner.

I read this in ninth grade and didn't care for it. I wasn't really thrilled with his portrayal of 14th-century France; it just felt very flat. Apparently this book has been featured on several recommended reading lists for high school students. To which I say, "why?"

I just tried to read it. I got about 4 chapters in before giving up. It was no PREY or AIRFRAME or DISCLOSURE , all much better Crichton.

I didn't think it was boring at all. Perhaps the first few chapters are a bit dry, due to all the explaining of things that are scientific. But, once the action starts taking place it's a great read. I'd try it again if I were you...just to see. :)

I didn't think it was boring at all. Perhaps the first few chapters are a bit dry, due to all the explaining of things that are scientific. But, once the action starts taking place it's a great read. I'd try it again if I were you...just to see. :)

I actually like the explaining of things, a lot of times he does. but I just couldn't get into it. Threw it back in the pile of unread books maybe ill try again after the next book I've started.

Believable? Well, it's no wackier than some of the things I read in New Scientist. I managed to suspend disbelief in it, say. I read it and enjoyed it reasonably well.

I usually like Crichton's science fiction, though I'm less fond of the stories that are purely social critiques.

Back