• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mitch Albom: The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Yes I have read it

Its an OK book, but the title is a bit misleading. I read it to see what the writers idea of Heaven might be. But the story is set in an un-named place somewhere between Earth and Heaven, a sort of writers dream world. A bit of a cop out really.

I just joined, and have to jump on the bandwagon of those that liked/loved this book. I read it last summer while on vacation. And maybe it was the fact that I wanted something that was a good story, not a piece of literature that opened new avenues or explored new ideas. But in some ways, for me at least and what I have read in the past, it did open up new ideas.

I have to say though I am a bit biased. For many years living in Detroit I read Albom's newspaper column and came to realize what a great writer he was, and not just a sport reporter. So to read a good piece of fiction by him was something that I looked forward to.

The Five People You Meet In Heaven .. By Mitch Albom

Whoa! I've just finished reading 'Five people' by Mitch Albom, it was one of those books which you could not put down for more than five minutes. I'm starting to read his other book called 'Tuesdays with Morrie' I hope it's just as addictive as the one I read.

Anyone read The five people you meet in Heaven?

It is Mitch Albom's view of afterlife what happens to you, were you go. Very interesting. I recommend the book to anyone who loves fiction!

Hi Tommo! Welcome to the forum.

Quite a few poeple on here have read the book. There was a big discussion about it here :)

This thread is closed. Please continue in other thread. SFG, I moved your post into the appropriate forum.

Good review Tommo!. Im' impressed by his works as Albom is a sports writer. His last two works have definitely been off the path, kind of like a batter receiving a knuckleball after a fast ball.:cool:

I've read "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Albom. It was so thin that I think I read it in a day or two. I wasn't blown away by it enough to move onto "5 people...".

I've read this marvelous book that was suggested by a friend, I actually loved this book , I got teary at the end , it also changed my opinion about the after death world , I Want to go to heaven so badly =)

I loved the book and agree with you Arabian Gurl, it was certainly a very different take on heaven than I have heard before.

Did anyone else see the film adaption to the movie? I thought it was horrible.

The five People You Meet in Heaven is a good read. You will get through it quickly and enjoy it, I am sure. It's a feel-good story =)

Back