• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Must Vent

Martin said:
Hey, hey, some of us have long legs, you know?! :p

Cheers

Oh, buddy - if we're ever on the same plane there will be trouble! I'm not a small fry myself, and *no one's* taking my arm rest space!! Not even young children. I have been known to elbow the occasional errant youngster who feels that it is perfectly acceptable to lie *across* their seat (thus taking up half of mine). Perhaps the parents stop caring about their brethren's rudeness after 10 hours in a sardine can. As far as I'm concerned, though, I have a right to my little 0.4x0.6x1.3 metre box (less if flying Air Canada) that I paid a zillion dollars for.

Aaargh! That's my vent...

Kookamoor said:
And don't forget the non-disabled people who use the disabled parking spots! Oooo, that pisses me right off!!!

Seriously. Like walking an extra five spaces is going to kill a perfectly abled person? I hate it when they do it at Christmas and you see someone's poor old grandmother with a heart problem walking all the way in from the end of the lot.

I do, however, have an issue with "Customer with Infant Parking", which is all the rage where I live. My mom always says "Please, carrying a single infant in its seat is nothing, how about harried single mother putting three kids through college parking" or "stay at home mom with three non-infants under five parking"?

mehastings - They kiss new mother's arse's nowadays, don't you know?

It's the mothers who have teenagers who are without help.

Thanks, Martin. If you ever have a problem with evil monkeys in your closet, let me know. We're unionized. I can take care of it.

Female busdrivers.. They just seem to lack the deathwish you see in the male busdrivers. When I get on the bus I have an expectation that we will run some red lights and hopefully have a close incounter with another bus or a car. It's a wellknown fact, at least here, that if you don't have that deathwish it's simply impossible to get to the different stops on time. This of course resultes in busses being late whenever there is a female driver. I might die when it's a male driver, but I'll die on time.

Oh.. almost forgot. I don't like people who brings really smelly chesse on the bus.

Someone hit my car last night, and drove off. Left no insurance or contact information. It destroyed my driver's side fender to the point that I can't even open my door. Then this poor excuse for a human being gives me a ticket for doing 72 in a 65. I explain to him that I'm about to be out $500 through no fault of my own to see if the guy had an ounce of decency. He doesn't. I hope both of them contract a new and slower form of ebola and then die alone.

RitalinKid said:
Someone hit my car last night, and drove off. Left no insurance or contact information. It destroyed my driver's side fender to the point that I can't even open my door. Then this poor excuse for a human being gives me a ticket for doing 72 in a 65. I explain to him that I'm about to be out $500 through no fault of my own to see if the guy had an ounce of decency. He doesn't. I hope both of them contract a new and slower form of ebola and then die alone.

There are really some bastards out there aren't there!? Sorry to hear about your crappy weekend. :(

15 CENTIMETERS OF SNOW FOR TOMMOROW!!!!!! HIGH WINDS!!!!!!!FRIGID TEMPERATURES!!! YOU ALL SAW THE PICTURE I POSTED (somewhere in here) I FEEL I HAVE DONE MY TIME, I HAVE PARTICIPATED, I WAS A GOOD WINTER SAMARITAN!!!!!!I FEEL I HAVE DONE MY PART AS A CANADIAN. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

sorry, didn't mean to use capitals. it goes against my nature. but my god, 15cms. i feel a moment of silence is called for.

Ick! More snow?! I hate driving in the stuff. And I might as well mention that I miss my cat. And long distance relationships are nothing but crap! "I will try to come more often on weekends so we can go out." Ha!

jenn, did you know that this past year was el niño? typically the summer is cooler and the winter lasts longer. however, this year is la niña, which means the summer is going to be really hot and the winter is going to be mild. so you have that to look forward to.

jenngorham said:
15 CENTIMETERS OF SNOW FOR TOMMOROW!!!!!! HIGH WINDS!!!!!!!FRIGID TEMPERATURES!!! YOU ALL SAW THE PICTURE I POSTED (somewhere in here) I FEEL I HAVE DONE MY TIME, I HAVE PARTICIPATED, I WAS A GOOD WINTER SAMARITAN!!!!!!I FEEL I HAVE DONE MY PART AS A CANADIAN. ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

sorry, didn't mean to use capitals. it goes against my nature. but my god, 15cms. i feel a moment of silence is called for.

I'm there with you, jenn. April snowstorms are the worst thing about living in the N'oreast. Hang in there. Think of Indian summers. The wind is blowing out here, and I know it's not gonna snow, but it sounds like hell. Hang tight.

BTW, I'm on a nor'east ridge on the three state line between Mass, Conn, and NY, and we just have a lot of wind and snow. It gets trapped sometimes between the catskill/great lakes system and the Mass shore and just hangs on us for days.

This too will pass. I have bulbs coming up!

I hate it when people barge into my cubicle to strike up a conversation when I am busy working!
They don't seem to understand the subtle hints that I give them!
And my bad luck that my boss roams around my cubicle exactly at that time!
And this has been happening more frequently these days! Argh! :mad:

sanyuja said:
I hate it when people barge into my cubicle to strike up a conversation when I am busy working!

I hate when people come into my cubicle area at all. I work in our dispatch center sometimes. I have this one co-worker who feels like he needs to get up and squeeze into my cubicle with me to talk about stuff. I get so damn claustrophobic. We are the only people in a fairly small room. Talk from your seat dammit!!!

well my rant about the weather was unnecessary. or maybe mother nature felt my pain. we just got a light dusting and it looks like the sun may come through. to me april is off limits. i expect march to be a son of a bitch, but by april i feel it is time.
bobby thanks for the encouraging thought. will be thinking of you when the heat wave hits and i am on the back porch with a rum and coke.

novella said:
This too will pass. I have bulbs coming up!

can you move bulbs when they are already up a bit? i thought i moved all of them in the fall, but i must have missed like 30, the little buggers, and they are in a spot i was hoping to give to the dogs.

jenngorham said:
can you move bulbs when they are already up a bit? i thought i moved all of them in the fall, but i must have missed like 30, the little buggers, and they are in a spot i was hoping to give to the dogs.

They ought to move fine, as long as you take a little of their soil with them.

I have some I didn't get a chance to put in at all last fall. Wonder if they'll still take if I put them in really quickly today?

jenngorham said:

Ahem!
i have never seen snow !!!!
rain is rare and an absolute blessing...rain..rain!
you could be alot worse off (but then i don't have to deal with snow :p )

Back