• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Publishing Experiences

jack M. Neigut

You Just DO NOT GIVE UP. First of all if anybody should learn to correct their writing it should be zolipara i could, i know. Learn how to capitalize your pronoun I. Secondly when I was talking about the big bang I was trying to simplify things for you. I'm glad you cleared it up for me with your expertise.
Why don’t you learn this. Writing should be encouraged, not criticized in every possible way and if you would like a treatise on Physics I would be happy to give you one, but unfortunately I don't have the time or the inclination. You people at this wonderful forum should try helping and encouraging new writers instead of criticizing them at every turn. Please do not respond again I'm getting tired of your pompous attitudes and inflated expertise and if you do respond. It will not be to me. I have had enough.

You Just DO NOT GIVE UP. First of all if anybody should learn to correct their writing it should be zolipara i could, i know. Learn how to capitalize your pronoun I.

Yeah i'm planning on getting my forum posts here published so thanks for the help.

Secondly when I was talking about the big bang I was trying to simplify things for you. I'm glad you cleared it up for me with your expertise.
Posting completely wrong information does not simplify things.

Being a physics major doesn't make you an expert writer. If you think that these guys are harsh, wait till you submit this to a publisher. They don't play nice either.

...if anybody should learn to correct their writing it should be zolipara
Who's the one that wants to be a writer?

Writing should be encouraged
Oh, it should, most certainly, especially when there's potential there. For others, though, it's probably best to have an honest word in their ear and trot out the old don't-give-up-your-day-job line. This is an instance of the latter.

You people at this wonderful forum should try helping and encouraging new writers instead of criticizing them at every turn.
I'm not one for bothering about the Writers' Showcase. I used it years ago, but I've come to realise it's a book forum, not a writing forum, and if I had my way I'd remove it. It's here to stay, though. The new writers I would consider encouraging were those that were honestly looking for feedback (and can take it for what it is: feedback), didn't have an attitude problem, and showed promise. You're not the sort of new writer I would bother with.

Also, the web page is a mess. I had to switch to Internet Explorer because the Download link doesn't work in Firefox - what's that about?

Also, the web page is a mess. I had to switch to Internet Explorer because the Download link doesn't work in Firefox - what's that about?

The link worked for me: Firefox 3.0.1.

Be careful Stewart. You are only allowed to read the story once.

I had to at least glance at the 57-page magnum opus that Stewart's comments inspired, The Time Keeper II.

Newton and Einstein have changed the world forever in a profound way, from Newton‟s writing of the “Philosophia Naturalis Principia Mathematica,” which describes the laws of motion, to Einstein‟s theories of special and general relativity, to quantum mechanics as based on an equation by Erwin Shrödinger, the next chain in the link in theoretical physics.
These are all just theories, but they have been tried and tested time and time again. Everything we use in our daily lives—planes, cars, and all sorts of electronic equipment, are products of these theories. One only has to look at the development of controlled fission and fusion and the incarnation of the atom and hydrogen bombs to see the realization of these theories.
Greetings, Dave. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.

“You‟re right, I need your help. I am working on a new project, a particle accelerator. You have heard of the Large Hadron Collider situated in Switzerland and constructed by the people at CERN?”
“Yes, I have heard of it. It was built underground and has a circumference of twenty-seven kilometers, at a cost of nearly ten billion dollars.”
“Well, my project has put them to shame. The people at CERN were, and are still looking for a few things. In particular, the Higgs boson particle. You know, it is sometimes called „The God Particle.‟”
“Yea, I know, and they found it and proved the existence of a Higgs field. They are also looking for what constitutes dark energy and dark matter, the existence of strings, and whatever other particles they can find. You know, Jack, there are some questions about its safety.”
“Well, Dave, my experiment is underway, and it puts the Hadron Collider to shame.”
“Jack, now I know you have money from your parents, but not that much.”
“It only cost me three hundred million dollars.”
“That‟s still quite a chunk of change, and where did you build this thing?”
“Right underneath my property. I barely had enough room with my thirty-nine acres of ground. And, as for the extra size of the LHC, I have used my brilliance and ingenuity, Dave.”
“I can see that modesty is not one of your strong points.”
“Are you making fun of me, Dave?”
Why would anyone make fun of someone who's put the LHC to shame, Dave? After all, they've put the LHC to shame, Dave.

And that's before Dave gets to meet Newton!
Newton asked, “Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?”
“I have apparently been sent here by the Time Keeper, who is able to shift people through space and time. I am from the year 2016.”
“Do you know who I am?”
“Of course, you‟re Isaac Newton, one of the pioneers in the field of physics. You are very well known, even in my time. Can I ask you a question?”
“Go right ahead, if you are who you say. But first, what is your name?‟
“Dave is my name.”
“Go ahead with your question, Dave.”
Is Newton cool as a cucumber or what, Dave? Of course, that's before Dave tells him he's responsible for the invention of weapons of mass destruction, Dave. Which he then goes on to do to Einstein too, Dave. Who, upon hearing that Jack's new project puts the LHC to shame, totally pwns CERN, Dave!
With your ancient, juvenile minds you have developed explosives too fast for your minds to conceive what you are doing. You are on the verge of destroying the entire universe. We are a part of that universe. This is our last...
...Sorry, that's Plan 9 From Outer Space again, but you get the gist, Dave. As Dave explains to his wife later on:
“Alright. You know, your friend Jack is either going to save this world of ours, or destroy it with his crazy experiments.”
“I know. Newton and Einstein agree with me.”
“Dave, have you been nipping at the sherry again?”
But of course, being a clueless woman, his wife is wrong: this is all too real. So Dave does what any good scientist would do: he goes to deal with his friend Jack, who despite being schizophrenic has built a particle collider (which is "not circular like the Large Hadron Collider built by CERN, nor was it as immense, but it was nearly as impressive") in his back yard. And for those who don't remember the distant beginning of the novel 20 pages earlier, Jack explains yet again:
What I am doing now puts those projects to shame. You see, Dave, it‟s right up your alley. You do have a PhD. in particle physics that you acquired at the university where you are currently a professor. Well, Dave, when I spoke to you at the university I gave you just part of the whole story. My own collider puts the CERN project to shame.
I won't reveal the ending, Dave, and you'd never guess what the surprise message is at the end, but suffice to say this is a roller coaster of a novel, Dave. It puts all other scientific thrillers to shame, Dave. To shame.

Jack M. Neigut

I suggest that beer good and zolipara both see a psychiatrist. You both need professional help. Goodbye and good luck with your forum. You can make more posts if you like, but they will be to each other since I'll be long gone.

I suggest that beer good and zolipara both see a psychiatrist. You both need professional help. Goodbye and good luck with your forum. You can make more posts if you like, but they will be to each other since I'll be long gone.

And the Plan 9 references just keep on coming!

EROS: Can you see or measure an atom? Yet you can explode one! A ray of sunlight is made up of many atoms!
JEFF: So what if we do develop this Solanite bomb? We'd be even a stronger nation than now.
EROS: "Stronger." You see? You see? Your stupid minds! Stupid! Stupid!
Seriously, Jack, thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Thanks for bumping this thread to the forefront, Zolipar, I hadn't seen it before. And when I googled Jack Neigut (as he himself suggested), I got not only the original TIMEKEEPER, but also found TIMEKEEPER III, on write.com. I read both in their entirety on my lunch hour and still had some time left over.

It is clear that Jack is going to continue to blame the publishers, editors, agents, etc, for his lack of success. Actually, he's mad at the wrong people. The problem is that all the good writers keep getting in the way, the ones who take time to learn the craft, actually plot a story, submit continuously and learn from their rejections. Darn those darn obstructionists.

Take care,

JohnB

Could this page be the genesis of Jack coming here?

No idea how many sites are trying to sell ebooks but an awful lot and to be honest, you're a little short of competing with many of them. Why not change things round and promote your book instead, that you happen to be selling online. Promote "The Timekeeper" everywhere you can, social network sites, book clubs, forums that might take to the subject, forums that review books etc. Get a buzz going for the book and forget trying to be the next ebook seller.

Back