• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nba

It's now down to the last game for Lakers v Suns, 3-3.

Quite honestly, it could go either way. But hopefully Lakers will prevail ;)

I can't belive the toe nail clippers won a series in the playoffs......good lord....I think a certain place down south has frozen over.:eek: :eek:

Choc said:
It's now down to the last game for Lakers v Suns, 3-3.

Quite honestly, it could go either way. But hopefully Lakers will prevail ;)
don't worry choc....i'll be here sunday to gloat and rub it in when the suns win;) :D

SFG75 said:
I can't belive the toe nail clippers won a series in the playoffs......good lord....I think a certain place down south has frozen over.:eek: :eek:

who'd they bribe:confused:

SFG75 said:

I must admit it was quite a surprise for me to see the clippers win. Would have to be their first time in history

hehehe......oh choc....i seem to of forgotten already.....who won the lakers-suns game last night?? :D

I don't remember, sorry. I took a knock on the head this morning whilst playing contact sports and cannot remember much from the last few days
:confused:

Choc said:
I don't remember, sorry. I took a knock on the head this morning whilst playing contact sports and cannot remember much from the last few days

awwww....then let me help you remember.....the SUNS WON AGAINST THE LAKERS....WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO:D

(your such a good sport;) )

Choc said:
Suns???
Lakers???

What is it that you are speaking of Sofia?

hehe...good try, but the memory of the win will last a lifetime:p .....or at least till next season

OK OK. I will acknowledge your win.....
But how did Kobe not get season MVP?? After all he done for himself and his team throughout the season....
:-(

(Congratz to Steve Nash tho. He is a very talented player and the Suns wouldn't be nearly as half the team they are without him!!!)

Choc said:
OK OK. I will acknowledge your win.....
But how did Kobe not get season MVP?? After all he done for himself and his team throughout the season....
:-(

(Congratz to Steve Nash tho. He is a very talented player and the Suns wouldn't be nearly as half the team they are without him!!!)

well choc, that's the thing, he did do a lot...for himself mostly...he literally carried the Laker's on his shoulders, but he wanted that. He isn't exactly known as a "selfless player" ...kobe may of had more points in the end, but nash had more assists (not to mention a LOT less fouling) that won games....kobe only plays great when he feels like it, and knows he'll get the recognition. Sorry choc...I didn't mean to be too harsh (ducks! ) but he's arrogant...great player, but a jerk! anyway, that's my opinion:D

Sofia said:
well choc, that's the thing, he did do a lot...for himself mostly...he literally carried the Laker's on his shoulders, but he wanted that. He isn't exactly known as a "selfless player" ...kobe may of had more points in the end, but nash had more assists (not to mention a LOT less fouling) that won games....kobe only plays great when he feels like it, and knows he'll get the recognition. Sorry choc...I didn't mean to be too harsh (ducks! ) but he's arrogant...great player, but a jerk! anyway, that's my opinion:D

No, please don't be sorry. That is your opinion. You are just judging his character, not race or religion. I sincerely value a persons honest opinion about any topic.

I actually somewhat agree with some of what you said. A 'One man team' can only get so far. But look how well they played as a team in the finals. They changed their game plan, Kobe took less shots, passed more, and the other guys stepped up. And I really think that Kobe was pleasantly suprised by what his team-mates can actually do when given a chance and a little encouragement. I was really suprised in gm2, I think it was, when all 5 starters were in double figures, except Kobe. I think he only has 2points at the time, and actually took the least amount of shots of all the 5 starters. The commentators actually made mention of it, they were so surprised in that stat. It kinda made he happy to see him play this way. As I said, A one man team can only get so far...

Kwame Brown improvement well in the last few games of the season and the playoffs when he had to step up into center for Chris Mihm. They say that he might finally be starting to raise to his protental that he was expected to be when he was the #1 draft pick in 2001.

Lamar Odom actually got himself involved more, which can only be good. Phil Jackson was quoted in saying that Lamar needs to assert himself more, and he can envision him in having a Scottie Pippen style mould/game.

Smush Parker looks like he has found a home in Los Angeles. He has been to a few NBA teams, but hopefully he stays at Lakers. He is improving his knowledge of the game as a point gaurd and seems to be getting less and less shy as games go on.

I think that there is a lot of talent in the bench and younger players like Sasha Vujacic, Luke Walton, Devean George, Brian Cook. When they are given a chance on the court they more often than not show more and more promise...

So, In saying all that (sorry to bore you....hehe), I would really like to see the Lakers keep the same roster for a few season and watch the team grow and rise together. And maybe in a couple of short years time, they may be able to be a little more of a force in the finals. Having Kobe in more of a guidance role rather then sole-leader position can only work out better for the team. But having him still take over a game in a tight situation when needed would still be nice to see.

well you certainly didn't bore me! and I agree, they are a talented team...and Jackson is a good leader....btu you said it yourself....'look how well they played as a team in the finals'....if they played like that all year, and if Kobe learned to share the ball with his team all season, he probably would of had no problem winning MVP!

If you see my location (top right) you will know which team I am cheering on. I must add that I am not at all happy in how we are playing. We seem to be winning games passively- there is no "electricity" in play. The players seem listless on the court. Regardless, I do not think that we can beat Detroit so that's that. Nonetheless I support my team...:D

aimagecache2.allposters.com_images_PHOTOFILE_AABT026.jpg

AquaBlue said:
If you see my location (top right) you will know which team I am cheering on. I must add that I am not at all happy in how we are playing. We seem to be winning games passively- there is no "electricity" in play. The players seem listless on the court. Regardless, I do not think that we can beat Detroit so that's that. Nonetheless I support my team...:D

aimagecache2.allposters.com_images_PHOTOFILE_AABT026.jpg

ooooh....another rival...I have been rooting for Detroit:D

Back